Stuntman - 60 FPS in Side-view, 20 FPS Otherwise
Hey guys,

Stuntman is one of my all-time favourite games, and it's the first game to give me FPS issues on PCSX2 1.0.0.

I tried playing with speedhacks enabled with no luck. I maxed out at about 12 fps.

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT:

After updating to revision 5766 I haven't seen much a difference. Did notice something very odd, though. In the game, pressing L2 or R2 gives you a side-view of whatever you're driving.

Whenever I am in this side-view, the game runs at 60 fps. As soon as I shift back to the regular view, it drops down to about 20fps.

PC specs:

i7-3630m @ 2.4 ghz
Nvidia GT 650M
8gb RAM

Sponsored links

Since ur running laptop @ 2.4ghz u wont get full speed but u can try ee and vu speedhacks combinations to 1 or both to 2.
i don't think so his laptop has a potential to turboed at 3.4ghz unless it's properly execute/use of his laptop properly
e.g. plug-in AC power when pcsx2 runs on a laptop,set of high-performance and monitoring the room temperature because i7 laptop may heat-up fast
misuse of the laptop such as overheating can slow down the cpu clockspeed.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Hmm maybe smartstrike right, but you can try saki's guide to gain some speed.
(12-08-2013, 10:42 AM)ashes17 Wrote: FPS issues on PCSX2 1.0.0.

i'm almost got blind on this btw you need to update your pcsx2
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
and try run your game w/o speedhacks at this moment
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks for the help guys.
This game seems to be a bit broken in PCSX2 anyway looking at those pics. Tons of graphical errors. Did you try Software mode?
(12-09-2013, 08:30 PM)NarooN Wrote: This game seems to be a bit broken in PCSX2 anyway looking at those pics. Tons of graphical errors. Did you try Software mode?

Yeah, no real difference from Hardware mode.

Oddly, the game seems to alternate between high and low framerates, it almost seems like it depends on the orientation of the car. I don't understand it.
That game must've been running on an oddly/poorly-coded engine. I used to have this game (and Driver 3, which ran on the same engine) and even on the real PS2, there would be seemingly random performance drops for no good reason at times. I guess for now, the best way to play it is on the PS2 itself.