Stuttering in multiple games despite 100% speed
Don't know whether this is still relevant to you, but i had the selfsame issue and just fixed it after a lot of troubleshooting...

Games would run without problem at 60fps 100% speed and then at seemingly random intervals stutter for about 2-3 secs down to 50% of that. After a LOT of troubleshooting I ran pcsx2 in task manager performance view, was expecting cpu gpu issues but nope, it was to my own suprise the GODdamn HDD. Got 2 on my laptop and normal HDD and an SSD. PCSX2 and the games were on the slower HDD drive. Every time it stuttered the HDD utilization spiked to max for about 2-3 secs. 

Transfered pcsx2 and the games over to my faster primary SSD drive. Tested it and BAM, problem gone. Long story short, the slower HDD was seemingly bottlenecking pcsx2.
I have seen a lot of threads related to this specific stuttering issue, as it seems quite random among users, now after a lot of testing definitely have to say recommend an SSD disk drive for PCSX2! Test it if you can, lemme know whether it worked for you or it was just me.

Cheers!

Sponsored links

Uh hi.  Smile
Sorry to bring this old thread up, but the TS described already my problem pretty good.
I tried a lot of the info I could find in this topic: Fit to window or 16:9, vsync on/off, full cpu speed, enable the EnableVsyncWindowFlag, but it not helped.
Not with D11, OpenGL or even SW mode. And not even in window mode!

And also the thread is 3,5 years old and I thought this problem could never exist nowadays anyway because you know... updates and all.
So here we are. Can someone help me?

Here's a video of what's going on (captured windowed with original PS2 resolution, no speedhacks, everything on default.):

... ugh, why I can't put a YT video in here to simple show instead of long posts?? And why does the forum give the possibility to enter a link anyway? Bummer. All the work for nothing.
Wacko

My specs:
i9900
rtx2070
64GB Ram
SSD

How can I show it to you guys?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go