Stuttering on Gran Turismo 4
double post, sorry.

Sponsored links

(06-22-2016, 05:00 AM)Isamu Wrote: I don't quite remember but can some one please tell me how to get rid of the nasty graphical jibberish that comes up at certain points in the game particularly after the license test ends? It's a like a full screen of gibberish. I'm running GDSX D3D11 and already set my in-game brightness at 0.

Are you able to use the OpenGL Renderer instead? The issues have been fixed there. Smile
(06-22-2016, 06:48 AM)CK1 Wrote: Are you able to use the OpenGL Renderer instead? The issues have been fixed there. Smile
It has only been fixed for git builds, not the stable 1.4.0.

@Isamu: If you're using recent git builds you don't need to set the brightness to 0 anymore, you just have to set the renderer to OpenGL(Hardware) and CRC Hack level to "Partial".

If you're using 1.4.0 stable version you'll need to set the CRC Hack Level to "Full (Safest)" for D3D11 to reduce the amount of gibberish.
(06-22-2016, 11:22 AM)FlatOut Wrote: It has only been fixed for git builds, not the stable 1.4.0.

@Isamu: If you're using recent git builds you don't need to set the brightness to 0 anymore, you just have to set the renderer to OpenGL(Hardware) and CRC Hack level to "Partial".

If you're using 1.4.0 stable version you'll need to set the CRC Hack Level to "Full (Safest)" for D3D11 to reduce the amount of gibberish.

You are correct sir. CRC Hack Level to "Full (Safest)" fixed the gibberish for me in D3D11. Yes I know OpenGL is considered better but for some reason, I get more speed out of D3D11(Hardware). I'm honestly surprised because on a rig with my specs I expected better performance from OGL given all the things I've read here about it. It is much slower than D3D11 for me for some reason. I'm using GSDX32 SSE4 and here are my specs:

Windows 7x64bit Ultimate
Intel Devil's Canyon 4790K OC'ed @ 4.6Ghz
GeForce 980ti GPU
32GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
Samsung EVO 850 2TB SSD

Using D3D11 GT4 runs quite well and 60fps most of the time(except at the beginning of races). Not sure D3D11 is faster on my machine with the GT games(and Ridge Racer V and OutRun 2SP as well). Any ideas?
Unless you've got some strange settings making OGL performance much worse, the only reason I can think of is that you're using Intel's iGPU for PCSX2 instead of the GeForce.