Successfully used HDLoader and OPL to play a game in PCSX2
This is an experiment that I've wanted to do for a while, however PCSX2 was never able to load most homebrew required.  However, I noticed that many plugin features have been implemented directly into the emulator, including HDD support.  So I fired up uLaunchELF and formatted an HDD file.  I then successfully ripped an ISO as if it was a disc using HDLoader which surprisingly works perfectly, it used to not load at all.  I then fired up OPL which also surprisingly works.  It saw the game I installed using HDLoader... and it works!  While it's completely pointless, I can now play games on PCSX2 while having the "No Disc" option selected.  I recorded the whole process if anyone wanted to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik1s-B1kd2k

I just wanted to share this test to show how PCSX2 is getting more and more accurate.

Sponsored links

the advantage of using this is:
"one step boot,game selection on screen"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
You can run Magicgate / kelf with PCSX2 also but you need to decrypt them first,
I had FMCB v1.8c & the DVD Player from erom working a few years back.
I forget the whole process, I tried recently patching a HDD Utility disc with ATAD patches & decrypted KELF with
KELFTOOL & PAKer Utility v1.01

PS288.VOB
PS289.VOB

INSTALL.PAK contains
MBR_A.XIN
SYSTEM/OSD/OSDSYS_A.XLF;rkpf
SYSTEM/FSCK/FSCK_A.XLF;rkpf

but all I got was black screen & error saying the loaded ELF was multiregion.

[MG] hcode=0 cnum=0 a2=0 length=0xFFFF
[MG] ELF_size=0xFFFFFFFF Hdr_size=0xFFFF unk=0xFFFF flags=0xFFFF count=65535 zones=JapanUSAEuropeOceaniaAsiaRussiaChinaMexico

instead of

[MG] hcode=0 cnum=0 a2=0 length=0x1A0
[MG] ELF_size=0x5370 Hdr_size=0x1A0 unk=0x100 flags=0x22C count=0 zones=USA
[MG] ERROR - Make sure the file is already decrypted!!!

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/kelfto...ers.27268/
Hey Guys, I dont know how to create a thread as it is SO confusing. Anyways, I want to install OPL on my PS2 Emulator (PCSX2 1.2.1 cause its stable) Is it possible? If so let me know the steps. THANK YOU!
(09-29-2021, 07:36 PM)EnigmaRuinPS2 Wrote: Hey Guys, I dont know how to create a thread as it is SO confusing. Anyways, I want to install OPL on my PS2 Emulator (PCSX2 1.2.1 cause its stable) Is it possible? If so let me know the steps. THANK YOU!

you press the "post thread" button in the top right corner.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-29-2021, 08:03 PM)refraction Wrote: you press the "post thread" button in the top right corner.

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, its either I am blind or stupid. Anyways, I got OPL installed but its not detecting usb. what plugin should i use and please give configuration settings.
thanks
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go