Sudden Drastic Change in Average FPS
So I used this emulator just the other day and it seemed to be working perfectly fine, but starting yesterday and continuing on to today, I have had drastically lower fps, about half of what I'm used to.

I have installed some new programs, but my RAM and CPU speed haven't changed noticeably, I'm running a i5 Windows 8 computer with just under 4GB RAM and I haven't noticed this slowdown in any other program or application except for PCSX2. I'm using mostly default settings except for a some enabled speedhacks.

Does any of this sound familiar? How would I go about fixing it?

Sponsored links

more precisions would be better.
which new programs ?
which kind of I5 ?
which games under pcsx2 ?

all of this is much too vague...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ahh damn, my bad, I'll be more specific next time!
Okay as for new programs, I installed Photohop CS6 and that came with a small family of related programs, overall takes up about 1.67GB.
The processor is third gen i5 dual core (1.7 GHz)
And as for games, I tried this with two games that used to run at nearly perfect speeds (Grandia III and Kingdom Hearts II), I used to get a 60+ Fps on the opening cutscene of both of them, and now I'm down to about 30-35.
Also I'm running version PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350), if that matters!
such a Weak I5 must be a mobile one.
is your laptop overheating ?
did you set your power plan to high performance ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
WOW! That was so stupid of me! I had it on Power Saver and I totally forgot that affects this kind of performance! I put it back on Balanced and now it's working perfectly! Sorry for the trouble, I didn't even realize!
Thanks a lot!
High performance will get you further, but watch out for heat.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Yeah, make sure you keep the heat down on it, and be plugged in when using that thing. Your battery would get drained very quickly otherwise.
Yeah I usually do! My laptop does get hot from time to time when using the emulator, so if it does, I give it a break and do other things and all. But so far so good!