Sudden FPS drop
is your windows power profile set to "high performance"? are you playing the game from the dvd or an iso file? if it's an iso is it on an external drive?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I tried "High Performance" and there was the same problem with FPS drop. Now I use "Balanced"

I play PS2 .iso files on external HARD DRIVE USB 3.0 connnected in USB 3.0 slot. I dont't think that some kind of hard drive sleep is the problem in my case. I played the same iso games weeks without problems.
Well just to rule it out, can you copy the iso to your internal harddrive and run it from there? We have seen people with issues before using external harddrives.

OK, I tried on internal hard and for now there is no FPS drop, but we will see after some windows restarts, next days.
Thanks for helpful suggestions!
And if the lag appears again I will inform you Smile
It's amazing how a USB 3 drive can still cause drops Smile Probably down to how the controller works, trying to make it safe and lower powered!

I noticed the same FPS drop playing PC game Alan Wake (from 60 to 13 FPS). My conclusion is that there is a constant problem - Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers...
There is definitely something strange about these FPS drops. I was playing Ratchet & Clank 1(pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-1356, Windows 7, iCore3 3.07Ghz, GTX 670, DX11) and I was shocked how smooth runs this game. Really, I was playing several hours at full speed without any FPS drop, even leaving the default speedhacks settings (EE Cylcerate:0, VU Cycke Stealing: 0... only MTVU enabled, experimental mip-mapping enabled) the game ran perfectly.
But the next day when I tried to play I observed these FPS drops, now the frame rate stays between 37%-70% most of the time and sometimes it reach 90%-100% for several seconds and falls again. It seems that this is not related to some graphics complexity environment because it randomly reach 100% for several seconds then it drops back in random places.
There is also an interesting thing, If I do a quick save in a location with a low FPS, then when restarting emulator and loading the game it stays at 100%, even if turning around the character but staying in the same location FPS stays between 90%-100%, then if moving the character FPS falls again...
I didn't change nothing: the same drivers, the same emulator version...
OK, I figured out what caused the FPS drop in my situation, I wonder why first time it worked normally, anyway...
In my situation the problem was that I overclocked my CPU too much, so the temperature reached at critical level, the fan wasn't able to cool it enough and the CPU voltage was reduced automatically..., so I lowered a little bit the overclock rate and now the game runs perfectly at 90%-100% FPS.
By the way thank you very much guys again for Ratchet and Clank, it looks just wonderful now with working mip-map.