Sudden and consistent slowdown
After a few minutes of playing a game on the emulator, usually 10-20, the game's performance will suddenly tank. And I mean suddenly. I go from a perfect 60 to half speed in an instant. This happens with every game I try, iso and disc, equally when all settings are maxed out and when they're native. It happens no matter what I'm doing. I could be moving, jumping, fighting, standing still, tabbed out, almost nothing can stop it. Except pausing. for some reason, pausing fixes it in most cases. Unpausing makes it all come back, so that's really not a solution. It seems to go this way indefinitely, and nothing short of closing and reopening the emulator fixes it (for the next 10-20 minutes, anyway.). Any ideas?

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 8156 MB
CPU name = AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 00)
CPU speed = 3.515 ghz (8 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 3e98320b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

I actually have some footage of it happening: http://youtu.be/sE9JdQd8Oew
(It happens about halfway through the video.)

Edit: I read the FAQ and tried coretemp a little before this. I was hesitant as it seemed to be for laptops, not desktops, but I tried it nevertheless and my computer stayed 10-15 degrees under the Tj. max. Unfortunately since then , I've had trouble having the problem replicate itself. Now it's been replaced with a new problem. The cutscenes jutter slightly. Not enough to break anything, but just enough to annoy me. a lot. Everybody has a stutter.
"Are you re-ready to f-fight me?"
"N-n-Nah, I th-think I'm just gon-onna so s-somewhere e-else."

Sponsored links

Would be nice to actually see what the ee% & gs% display when it slows down.
Did you try disabling Cool n' quiet ?
Personal note : what game is that. ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-27-2014, 10:04 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Would be nice to actually see what the ee% & gs% display when it slows down.
Did you try disabling Cool n' quiet ?
Personal note : what game is that. ?

I have no idea what any of those things are. I'm rather new to the emulation scene. Well, the complicated side, anyway. Like I mentioned, though, for some reason now I'm having trouble replicating the issue and a new one has popped up.

Graffiti Kingdom. I'm doing an LP of it on my channel. I just took out the commentary to get the footage.