Sudden fps drop...
Guys I need your help! I recently downloaded pcsx2 v. 1.2.1. but after 1-2 minutes of use approximately I see fps drop from 50 to 20 and below and after a while goes back again up but never stabilizes and re drops fps... With that situation I cannot play much time on the emulator. In Tekken 5 it does that a lot but in other games less often (RE Code VX) but again it makes it unplayable for the time fps are low...
EE is up to 90% and GS up to 60% when this fsp drop occurs...

My laptop specs:
Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Intel Core i5 430M ~2.27 GHz (4 CPUs) - 4gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - DirectX 11

My settings :

I hope you can help me somehow! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

(04-16-2015, 06:04 PM)NickTS Wrote: Guys I need your help! I recently downloaded pcsx2 v. 1.2.1. but after 1-2 minutes of use approximately I see fps drop from 50 to 20 and below and after a while goes back again up but never stabilizes and re drops fps... With that situation I cannot play much time on the emulator. In Tekken 5 it does that a lot but in other games less often (RE Code VX) but again it makes it unplayable for the time fps are low...
EE is up to 90% and GS up to 60% when this fsp drop occurs...

My laptop specs:
Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Intel Core i5 430M ~2.27 GHz (4 CPUs) - 4gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 - DirectX 11

My settings :

I hope you can help me somehow! Thanks in advance!

Even for Tekken 5 that's a bit too week. Try an older version like 0.9.8 and see if that works.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
Get a better PC and you're good.
That one is a tad weak for pcsx2.

If you do what marge suggested, keep in mind we won't be able to provide support.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've just tried v. 0.9.8 but nothing changed. Buying a better PC is the only solution then...
Anyway thanks guys for your fast replies ! Wink
(04-16-2015, 06:31 PM)NickTS Wrote: I've just tried v. 0.9.8 but nothing changed. Buying a better PC is the only solution then...
Anyway thanks guys for your fast replies ! Wink

your PS2 is still the best solution, you won't have any glitch.
but of course, if you want the benfits of pcsx2, hen you'll need a more powerful machine.
ideally a desktop one.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go