Sudden intense lag (12.80 fps)
Hi
I'm playing FFX with a framerate of 45-60 and at a specific video, it drops to 12.80 more or less 2.

I have a athlon X2 2.8GHz
2 gigs of ram and a 9800GT OC
I am using PCSx2 v 0.9.4

The console usualy show something like this:
dvdread: Reading SEctor xxxxxx(xx blocks of size 2064) at speed=4x
But when y fps lags, it show this :
dvdread: Reading SEctor xxxxxx(xx blocks of size 2048) at speed=2x

Why 2x speed all of a sudden ????

As soon as I get back my original copy of the game, I will try it, but for now I am using a Unmounted Iso file.

After the videos ends,the speed returns to normal.
Is it an error on the file?
I just started playing, I don't want it happening again to often. I just started playing and if things get to buggy to play, I don't want to be loving the game.

I tried changing settings CPU, speed hacks, but nothing serious. Mostly trying all the options already availableTongue2
Any help or advice ?

Sponsored links

maybe the disc from wich the iso was ripped is slightly damaged

also
update your pcsx2 to 0.9.6 or newer beta
if u do so, dont forget to backup memcard / savestates before going to newer version
[Image: 1454055.png]
Definitely try using the latest PCSX2 beta and GSdx revision.
The PCSX2 beta can give you a boost just from the hard work put into it since the stable, but also depending on your CPU options you could get a small boost, and some speed hacks might help but they can ruin the FMVs if set too high.
If you upgrade to the latest GSdx revision from the version prvided with the stable release of PCSX2, you should notice a big increase in performance and have a few more options to further increase the frame rate.
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Im using PCSX2 Beta version (newest one) with: GSDX 1476 (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.15 and i get around 46 fps to 120 wherever i go, depends on the area. Even when i summon Valefor/Ifrit i get around 70 to 120 fps so its pretty good when you use the latest beta + the GSDX that works perfectly for you.