Sudden issues with Ring of Red.
Hi everyone, I began playing Ring of Red Pal version I believe a while back, the game ran mostly smooth as butter, barring an occasional tiny hiccup.

After a good month or so i've picked it up again after a break and it's running very erratically with it's frame rate, most of the time it's at 95-100% when on the map screen, cutscenes etc, but once i'm in control during the battles it immediatly drops to 75% or even lower sometimes, effectively making the game unplayable for me, what's weird is that i've changed nothing in the settings or anything I can think of on my PC to cause it to begin acting up like this and my PC should be very capable of running it.

I can only think of maybe a Win update or something causing it to begin having issues.

I'm running windows 10,  motherboard:amd fx- 8350 8 core, 20gig ddr3 ram, Videcard:nvidia geforce GTX 1650 SUPER.

Thanks for any help you can give, i'm new to emulation so i'm kinda stumped on the settings etc.

Sponsored links

Quote:and my PC should be very capable of running it
what makes you think this ?
FYI, your CPU's STR = 1564
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-20-2020, 01:04 PM)jesalvein Wrote: what makes you think this ?
FYI, your CPU's STR = 1564
Well I have no issues with modern gen games(though I know emulation itself can take it's toll so it's harder to run), but moreso because as I said it was running almost perfectly up till now, now it's just an FPS mess, also checking my ram and CPU etc it didn't seem to be taking much out of it. Also i'm not sure what you mean by CPU Str=1564?.