Suggestion about automatic deinterlacing
It seems like all games that use "interlaced field" works perfectly without any deinterlacer (using none), and games that use "interlaced frame" works much better using bob tff.

So, isn't it possible to just configure the automatic deinterlacer to pick "none" and "bob tff" depending if the game is using "field" or "frame"?

There are games like King's Field that use "field" in the gameplay, but "frame" in the menus. It would nice if pcsx2 could automatic select each one accordingly.

Sponsored links

hmmm, this could be possible, it'd need to be profiled to find out if its the case though
Define all games. A sample of 10-20 games in a 3000 game library is negligible.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Also, did you try "Automatic"? it sets blend (and not bob), but does it get applied wherever it should in your tests?
(08-11-2012, 10:34 AM)avih Wrote: Also, did you try "Automatic"? it sets blend (and not bob), but does it get applied wherever it should in your tests?

Yes. And it would be much better applying bob instead of blend when using the automatic mode. See:

[Image: hnfdZ.png] [Image: B9Di9.png]

Quote:Define all games. A sample of 10-20 games in a 3000 game library is negligible.

It could be enough to determine a pattern.
So basically you're suggesting to make the "Automatic" deinterlace use bob instead of blend? If yes, then the reason blend was selected is that most people prefer blurry over shaking.

We did try to think of a way to allow the user to define his/her preferred method for automatic deinterlace, but eventually didn't follow up on it, but it should be possible. But still, between blend and bob, I do believe most people would prefer blend, even if you and I prefer bob.
(08-11-2012, 04:43 PM)avih Wrote: So basically you're suggesting to make the "Automatic" deinterlace use bob instead of blend? If yes, then the reason blend was selected is that most people prefer blurry over shaking.

We did try to think of a way to allow the user to define his/her preferred method for automatic deinterlace, but eventually didn't follow up on it, but it should be possible. But still, between blend and bob, I do believe most people would prefer blend, even if you and I prefer bob.

There is no visible shaking when using bob with high resolutions - which I guess is the whole point of PCSX2 for most people: playing PS2 games in high resolution. Smile