Suggestion
I know this is probably in the screenshots thread..but i have a suggestion..have a separate thread where members can post their emulator settings that made a game run perfectly (with no graphical glitches, choppy sound, and fps slowdowns)

Sponsored links

The screenshots thread is there for people to compare setings, besides with ever changing settings with different hardware and different preference on settings by people, newer emu/plugin updates, and whatever other difference between "perfect" settings, it'd be a difficult to keep list.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
We will never do something like this. The screenshot thread is your friend, and for anything else, it's not like there's so MANY setting to fiddle around with. And a search int he forum will often answer your questions anyway
(06-24-2009, 01:23 AM)Krakatos Wrote: We will never do something like this. The screenshot thread is your friend, and for anything else, it's not like there's so MANY setting to fiddle around with. And a search int he forum will often answer your questions anyway

Krakatos why dont you start treating others like a team. You have no respect. PCSX2 (the forum) is for members/team/team mates of the pcsx2 emulator. All you do is talk negative and critisize others and sometimes im reading the forums to help people out and i come acrossed a rediculous post of yours like "blah!blah!blah! Discussion Closed" and sometimes the guy's discussion you close has nothing wrong with it. Are you part of the team? Or are you some military standalone soldier who gives orders and controls lower class soldiers like thet're nothing but dogs. You know ?i respect you but you take things way too far. The guy in this post means no harm, he's very polite and i dont see a problem. Yes there is a screenshots discussion but you don't have to deny the guy right then, without even giving the guy a chance. I mean you were never even polite about it. You basicly said "No! Screw off. It's never gonna happen!" You dont even see the effort to help otehrs that the guy is giving out to help himeself and others. No instead you shut him down. That's not team like attitiude. Especially when you have place you have in pcsx2 and the rank yuou have. Where's the example. You want lower rank members to learn examples from you? You set the mood and the mood is nit pickkyness. now Im very off topic right now and i realize that but it's the only way to get the message acrossed.

cheer up a little
[/size][/font][font=Verdana][size=x-small]
CPU: 3ghz Intel Petium 4 HT
RAM: 2GB DDR400 Kingston (dual channel) + 18 GB virtual (eboostr)
Graphics: AGP Saphire Radeon HD3850 512 MB

Suggestions like this are brought up so often it's really not feasible to take the time to explain to each and every person why their idea can't be done.

For a good example why this won't work nearly as well as you think, take a look at the GOW 1 & 2 thread. I (and many many others) have made it through both and posted configurations, yet people still have problems and can't get it to work. Same settings and all, they hit problems I never had.

Now why do you think collecting unverified reports of game completeness and making one monster thread is going to help? People routinely don't search for the simplest problems, and I can guarantee you after a week it'll devolve into random forum-goers bitching because they don't want to do any thinking.

Krakatos is a forum mod for a very good reason, and makes the extremely good point that the screenshot thread already serves much the same purpose as the suggested thread. He's absolutely right that there really aren't that many setting combinations to try, and while harsh if someone isn't willing to put effort into making the emulator run then why should the forum mods bend over backwards trying to accommodate them?
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
I will just answer with a few points and that's it.

1) My answer wasn't particularly harsh. I merely stated that we will never do that, and trust me we never will. And also, it has been discussed before and you can easily find configurations posted in the forums with a single thread.

2) Your accusation of me showing no respect to users is ridiculous, as anyone who has bothered to read around the forum can say.

3) As forum moderator, it is my duty to keep the forums clean, so when I close something there's always a reason. But I didn't close this topic anyway, I merely stated in a firm way that we're not going to do anything like that.

4) Just for the record, since you accuse me, I'm the one who is always worried about the users, about the forum members, and about making the configuration of the emulator as simple as possible. I provide the betas, I keep the bug reporting forum clean. As any pcsx2 team member can attest.

And one last thing, if you are still mad at me for this
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-6720.html
maybe you should let it go...
(06-29-2009, 12:01 PM)Krakatos Wrote: And one last thing, if you are still mad at me for this

/Owned.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
(06-29-2009, 12:36 PM)Sythedragon Wrote:
(06-29-2009, 12:01 PM)Krakatos Wrote: And one last thing, if you are still mad at me for this

/Owned.

Warned for spamming (one word post and continuing off-topic after attempted mod resolution) and trolling ("rubbing it in").
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(06-29-2009, 01:36 PM)Air Wrote:
(06-29-2009, 12:36 PM)Sythedragon Wrote:

/Owned.

Warned for spamming (one word post and continuing off-topic after attempted mod resolution) and trolling ("rubbing it in").

That's umm... Harsh?.. I never saw a Mod/Admin get warned when they've strayed off topic before... Rolleyes
Need evidence Wink? Or will that result in another warning as I'm straying off topic?..
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Harsh? Getting a spam warning for posting one word useless replies is harsh? This wasn't simply off-topic it was spam and useless too. I'm closing this now...
[Image: newsig.jpg]