Suggestions
Hi just thought I'd mention something I saw today that might be useful for users trying to get their computer specs for posts. It's called speccy, it's a BETA program by Piriform. I figured using that should be easier than hunting all over windows for different hardware specs. I thought you might want to add it as a suggested program in the Bug Report Forum Rules or something.
As for the subject name I figured I'd make it something that could be reused (especially if it becomes a sticky).

Sponsored links

It's non-free software (closed source), there is a lot of trouble with using such stuff.
Free alternatives:

Everest --> http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

The link above is for the last free version available
Neat graphical presentation
Capable of generating specific "Quick Reports" in html or plain text
Provides links to manufacturer's sites and Driver updates
easily browseable
(caution - Product Keys listed)

SIW System Information for Windows--> http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Huge and comprehensive
Excellent navigable menu
(caution - Product Keys listed)

There are more like:

PCPitstop Full Test
Winaudit
Belarc Advisor
CodeStuff Starters
Crucial Memory Scanner (RAM)
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Freeware is not free -- it's simply cost nothing, but user trust to developer. If you plan to link something into whole pcsx2 project, you better think about source code of this stuff: if no source code presented, than this stuff is non-free, closed-source. License could be changed at any moment and pcsx2 become law-violated software.
i don't think that they're suggesting to include it in pcsx2 (are they?)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
yea, I was just posting some suggestions.

But Its probably easy for the developers here to create their own software that scans your computer specs.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
(11-16-2009, 09:57 PM)Xellon Wrote: scans your computer specs.
i believe that pcsx2 already does that Tongue
Windows 7 64bit

Why download extra programs that tell you computer stats? Windows users have a little something called dxdiag which gives you full PC specs, plus way to much other information that isn't useful too much to anyone else Wink. Best of all, every windows user should have it unless they somehow don't have directX installed, at which point they'd be unable to play PCSX2 anyways ^_^
[Image: 2748844.png]
every windows comes with DirectX installed (XP with DX8, Vista with DX10 and 7 with DX11 Tongue), just that it's not updated to the latest "rev" of DirectX Tongue but anyways this is offtopic (suggestions is the topic xP)
Windows 7 64bit

There was a bug report utility once, created by one of the users on the ngemu forums.
It reported the system specs as we need it, and also pcsx2 configuration.
If anything, this should be used Tongue2

Edit: Here, but idk if it's still good to use with the current versions..
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/1023...ports.html