Suikoden III Does it Work?!
(03-03-2009, 05:59 PM)stalthnox Wrote: See, I cant use ssse3 cuz that's a intel cpu setting my cpu dos not use that or sse41 so i don't get the best out of the cpu with this emu the thing that i worry more about is my card its not really that great my card only has 256 ddr3 ram not dual channel so i think that's where I'm bottle necking.

Edit: i also haven't tried this game in a while. I tried it way back before the speed hacks were even included.

Don't worry about SSSE3. You have 2 more options to choose from (41 and 2). From my experience, they make no difference in frame rate whatsoever. About your video card, I'm assuming its no biggie.
You don't need a top line video card to run this emulator.
As I said before, I'm 90% sure that this emulator is all about CPU and RAM. Even though it won't take advantage of quad core CPUs yet, your processor has enough horsepower to help it render fast frame rates.

Please try it out, and report.

Good luck.

Sponsored links

i`v completed it on E6600@3GHz that was a while back so i assume it will run a lot better now, it can be very cpu intensive but like the previous people mentioned get those hacks on and you will see a decent increase in fps.
Borrowing this topic quickly.

When you start a new Suikoden 3 game, you get asked to load data from Suikoden 2. Is it somehow possible to do this with an emulator? For example if I play Suikoden 2 with a PSX emulator and get a saved file, can PCSX2 read the file even though it was made with a PSX emulator?

Sorry for the offtopic but I rather ask the people playing Suikoden than make a new topic about it. Thanks for any answers you can give.
Hi guys,

Having a few issues running Suikoden III.

Basically, the game (movies and play time) runs at around 20FPS or 50% of normal if I'm lucky! It's really stuttery. I've tried using all of the Graphics plug-ins you get with the basic download of pcsx2.

My system specs are the following:

Quad Core Q6600 Processor
2GB RAM
ATI 4850 Graphics Card

Any ideas?
Suikoden III is VERY CPU demanding. You will need something about 4 Ghz to play it at full 60fps...and no your quad core is not 2.4Ghz x 4,PCSX2 only uses 2 cores out of your 4 cores. If you can overclock it (and know how) to about 3,2 Ghz you should see a good speed increase but it will still be below the 60fps mark
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-14-2009, 06:13 AM)Fingal Wrote: Borrowing this topic quickly.

When you start a new Suikoden 3 game, you get asked to load data from Suikoden 2. Is it somehow possible to do this with an emulator? For example if I play Suikoden 2 with a PSX emulator and get a saved file, can PCSX2 read the file even though it was made with a PSX emulator?

Sorry for the offtopic but I rather ask the people playing Suikoden than make a new topic about it. Thanks for any answers you can give.

I'm curious about this as well. I have my epsxe memory card files but I have no idea how to convert them to a file that pcsx2 can read.
I wanna know if my PC would be able to run Suikoden III properly...

I don't have much specs:

Processor: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2 gb
Display: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (780 MB)

~would I be able to run Suikoden III? and if I can, is it playable? thanks for the help...
Make a new thread, necromancing dead ones is a bad idea.