Suikoden III - Slowdown and lag.
(11-09-2015, 01:18 AM)fluent2332 Wrote: The marketplace isn't even as laggy as it was prior to setting the audio to Async. I barely noticed it this time, whereas before it ran in slow-motion.

I have VU Stealing at 1, too, just to be sure, and the game runs really well. However, I can't help but I feel I'm not getting a smooth 60 FPS, even though the emulator stats are telling me I am. Perhaps that is the VU Stealing being noticeable, I'm not sure.

But other than that, changing that audio setting has rendered a huge performance upgrade for me. Even the craziest runes don't lag now, which is a great improvement from before where nearly every rune lagged.

VU stealing will cause internal frameskipping so it will lower the internal FPS(the fps PCSX2 reports is VFPS which is not the same as internal FPS). Don't set it if you don't need it.

The reason it exists though is because our VUs have basically no timing, unlike real PS2 ones. Ours run any VU microprograms as fast as they can and as soon as they are received. For most games this works fine, but some games continually feed the VUs as long as the previous program is "done." A real PS2 is limited by it's hardware speed. But PCSX2 is not and so in those cases it will just get hammered. VU stealing will offset this, but it will also again lower internal FPS as the game thinks the "PS2" is "busy."
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I see. Thanks for the explanation!

I'm having some issues during flashback sequences. The top half of the screen is segmented into vertical lines. Is there any known setting to fix this? I'm doing a Let's Play and would like the flashbacks to be high quality like the game itself, if possible. Thanks!
Possibly align sprite hack.

Is it caused by upscaling?
I don't remember this issue. Hmm. Screenshot plz.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Here's a video of the glitch in action. This is all a flashback moment and it has happened in every flashback in the game thus far. The game slows down considerably and gets that weird effect.

https://youtu.be/M4IjFobTIb0?t=5020
What are your gsdx settings?
Ahh it's a black and white section. You'll have to use software mode during them(Fress F9). That's the only way. All B&W sequences in all PS2 games need it.

And it might not fix it either, doesn't in Xenosaga. Try it though.
Ah, got it. No problem. Since I'm actually streaming from PC to my Nvidia Shield Portable and playing it on there, there's no chance of being able to press F9 to try and fix it. I'll just live with it, not a big deal.

Thanks for the responses! Smile
Assuming the shield passes controller input to the PC you could bind one of it's keys to F9 through Joy2Key.
(11-14-2015, 10:08 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Assuming the shield passes controller input to the PC you could bind one of it's keys to F9 through Joy2Key.

True. I'll try that next time it happens. Can't I just use the emulator itself to assign a button combo to that function?