Suikoden III glitch at black&white scenes
This is the 1st time i use PCSX2 so bear with me. I am playing Suikoden III right now with the newest svn (5695) for PCSX2.
The plugin i used for GS : Gsdx 5209 AVX with native screen (tried 8-bit color on and off same prob)
I've been twinking almost all i can and still some problem, i want to try with old release but it cant import the savestate from newer version.
This is what i get
[attachment=44863]
it was suppose to be black&white scenes (flashback scenes) but it comes with strange bar and some of the screen full colored. other than black&white scenes is fine only this scene have this.

My specs : procie:intel corei5
GPU : GTX 660Ti
RAM : 8GB

Thank You in advance

Sponsored links

Use sse4 instead of avx ,and native resolution...im nt sure its work or nt but u give a try on them
(07-06-2013, 06:14 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Use sse4 instead of avx ,and native resolution...im nt sure its work or nt but u give a try on them

just tried it, even try sse2 and sse3 and still same problem. i even downgrade the pcsx to 1.0.0 but still same Sad
Have you tired software mode?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
(07-06-2013, 06:36 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Have you tired software mode?

ahh... it works!! so its because of my GPU then? btw if i use software does it makes slower or anything?
Swmode is close to orignal look of game and abt slowdown ...its possible u got slowdown ...or maybe nt other then that swmode do nothing....
(07-06-2013, 06:43 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Swmode is close to orignal look of game and abt slowdown ...its possible u got slowdown ...or maybe nt other then that swmode do nothing....
ah got it, thank you very much guys xD
(07-06-2013, 07:11 PM)blanc7 Wrote: ah got it, thank you very much guys xD

For slowdown set extra rendering threads to 3 & tick edge anti aliasing in video plugin setting Smile
Known bug, nothing but software mode fixes it. Perhaps if miseru decide to create a fix for this he can Smile
This game is slow, but speedhack works very well on this game, so get the smoothest speedup you can enable vu cycle steal and disable frame limit (press tab). Also this is good for speeding up walking in northern cave, mountain path, etc. Also eecyclerate hack is safe for this game.
Also, just use f9(toggle software/hardware mode) for flashback event when the bug occurs. Software mode is faster than hw mode during this events (enable extra rendering thread to make it faster). Another thing is set clamping to normal or higher which fixes chisha village garbage texture.
There is also a possible crash point at iksay village raid where you fight unlimited battles, (try chop/zero , if it doesn't work use aggressive speedhack to bypass this.
The most slowdown occurs at vinay del zexay marketplace and flame effect during battles (like beetles explosion and fire runes, most notably Mel's devil doll). Also berserk effect will cause huge slowdown in dx11 (noticeable if you grind fury rune during hugo chapters and give it to everyone), but dx11 is faster in everything else. Dx9 will produce much lower fps in the menu screen, and certain blacksmith/tutor/shop screen. Dx9 also speedup certain effect like the breath of ice spell I think, so if you got a good computer, dx9 is more recommended if you want it to run at 60 fps all the time, but dx11 is also useful if you disable frame limit to cross mountain path since it gives higher fps outside of battles (make backtracking less boring).
That's all I can remember at the moment. You might have different experience depending on your gpu/driver.
Overall this game run the slowest on pcsx2 compared to other suikoden games.

Antialiasing in software mode gives slowdown and totally not needed for the flashback event.
(07-07-2013, 04:05 AM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: Known bug, nothing but software mode fixes it. Perhaps if miseru decide to create a fix for this he can Smile
This game is slow, but speedhack works very well on this game, so get the smoothest speedup you can enable vu cycle steal and disable frame limit (press tab). Also this is good for speeding up walking in northern cave, mountain path, etc. Also eecyclerate hack is safe for this game.
Also, just use f9(toggle software/hardware mode) for flashback event when the bug occurs. Software mode is faster than hw mode during this events (enable extra rendering thread to make it faster). Another thing is set clamping to normal or higher which fixes chisha village garbage texture.
There is also a possible crash point at iksay village raid where you fight unlimited battles, (try chop/zero , if it doesn't work use aggressive speedhack to bypass this.
The most slowdown occurs at vinay del zexay marketplace and flame effect during battles (like beetles explosion and fire runes, most notably Mel's devil doll). Also berserk effect will cause huge slowdown in dx11 (noticeable if you grind fury rune during hugo chapters and give it to everyone), but dx11 is faster in everything else. Dx9 will produce much lower fps in the menu screen, and certain blacksmith/tutor/shop screen. Dx9 also speedup certain effect like the breath of ice spell I think, so if you got a good computer, dx9 is more recommended if you want it to run at 60 fps all the time, but dx11 is also useful if you disable frame limit to cross mountain path since it gives higher fps outside of battles (make backtracking less boring).
That's all I can remember at the moment. You might have different experience depending on your gpu/driver.
Overall this game run the slowest on pcsx2 compared to other suikoden games.

Antialiasing in software mode gives slowdown and totally not needed for the flashback event.

tyvm this help me a lot especially to toggle the swmode and hwmode.