Suikoden Tactics Low FPS
Hi there!
I've got an issue with Suikoden Tactics here.
I have pass through the opening movie (the flipping book scene) which halted a lot of pcsx2 users, but then I encountered bigger problem.
In battle, I only have 20-30 fps. When it's not in battle, it'll be 40-50fps.

System Information:
Intel Core2 Duo T8100 2.10Ghz
RAM 2GB
nVIDIA 9300M G

PCSX2 Setting:
GSdx 4600 SSE4 (direct3D 10 hardware)
Hack: EE cycle rate 3, VU cycle stealing 2, INTC spin detection, wait loop detection, mvu flag, mvu block

Could someone help me, please?

Sponsored links

I don't know that you'll be able to get much more than that with your hardware but...

1.) Try turning on all speedhacks to maximum (the vu cycle stealing set it to 3 and see if it works well without crashing your game)
2.) Set your resolution to native
3.) As a quick check make sure your power profile is set to high performance in windows control panel so that your processor is always at full speed (you'de be surprised how easy it is to forget about this)
4.) Although it might only get you a 1-2fps increase in speed try turning off windwos aero (set your theme to basic if you are running Vista/Windows 7) this might not make any difference for you but it did for me
5.) You could try downloading the latest beta from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
and in the speedhacks section enable the new MTVU hack (this helps if you have more than two cores and even though you don't try it anyway and see if it makes any difference)

That's all i can think of...
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP micro ATX Intel motherboard
Intel Core i5 3570K processor @3.4 GHz
Patriot G2 Series 8 GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Sapphire Radeon HD7870XT 2GB GDDR5 RAM
Patriot Pyro SATA III 120 GB SSD
Corsair GS 600W PSU
Edit gsdx ini file then add allowhacks=1 plus use skipdrawhacks to 1 or 3.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
@Qaddafi:
1. done
2. already set it to native
3. checked Wink
4. ignored Tongue
5. just realized that I've downloaded r4839 before (but used 0.9.8 which is the latest stable version), I'll download the latest svn later..

@Register:
done

Result: 60fps in battle
Thanks, guys.. You're really helpful. Laugh