Suikoden Tactics - Overheat
Hi,

I'm new here and I don't have very much internet time, so I hope I'm not breaking any of the forum rules, but I have a question. Does Suikoden Tactics cause anyone else's PC to overheat? I play on an average laptop (I can't give exact specs because I'm at the library and it's at home), and Suikoden Tactics is the only game that ever causes me to overheat.

My PCSX2 settings are the default. If you need more information to help me, let me know and I'll add it as soon as I can.

Thanks <3

Sponsored links

I play it and I don't get overheats.
Better give your system specs once you get home.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
I'm so sorry it's been so long since I replied, but things have gotten away from me somewhat. After a lengthy delay, here are my system specs, I just copied the top bit from the log window I hope that's all you needed, if not let me know. Once again, terribly sorry for the delay.

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 3893 MB
CPU name = Intel® Pentium® CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 05)
CPU speed = 1.998 ghz (2 logical threads)
Could be a gpu overheat as well...

You should check the temperature by coretemp.

I think 35W TDP is not that low for a notebook but also not that high... Maybe you have a dusty fan?
Try cleaning it out make sure the fans and heatsink/vent are free from dust, I have always found laptop cooling to be pretty crappy even without running CPU intensive applications. I don't play PS2 games on my laptop but tried to run a wii emulator on it and it shut off as it got too hot after about 10 mins. Desktop has no trouble running them and keeping cool(enough)
Yeah, I thought so too, but it still misbehaves even after cleaning out those evil dust bunnies. I suppose Suiko Tactics is just a no-go for me which sucks. It's just frustrating that this is the only game to give me any trouble. Ah well. Thanks for the advice though <3
i can confirm suikoden tactics pushes more on my computer than the other games i play, when i go into turbo sometimes it doesn't hit 120Fps it goes 90Fps-110Fps