Suikoden tactics problem
Using gsdx hardware, screen gets very bright problem when using rune/coop. So I'll get to the point, the crc hack is flawed, it lifts the brown fog but also causes this bug, so if anyone can take a look at the crc hack for this game, I would appreciate it.
Note: this has nothing to do with my computer, graphics driver, pcsx2 version, gsdx version or anything. It always exist because the crc hack is flawed for this game. None of the gsdx hack helps (you can test it yourself), tried all the clamp/round mode and no speedhack enabled. Gsdx software works fine. Bug doesn't exist if I disable crc hack.

Been reported before but no one replied http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Suikoden-...hics-issue

I posted this in gsdx thread but no one replies. Screenshot here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx?pid=...#pid308454

Thanks.

Sponsored links

(07-04-2013, 06:13 AM)abyssaldesignatorify Wrote: Using gsdx hardware, screen gets very bright problem when using rune/coop. So I'll get to the point, the crc hack is flawed, it lifts the brown fog but also causes this bug, so if anyone can take a look at the crc hack for this game, I would appreciate it.
Note: this has nothing to do with my computer, graphics driver, pcsx2 version, gsdx version or anything. It always exist because the crc hack is flawed for this game. None of the gsdx hack helps (you can test it yourself), tried all the clamp/round mode and no speedhack enabled. Gsdx software works fine. Bug doesn't exist if I disable crc hack.

Been reported before but no one replied http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Suikoden-...hics-issue

I posted this in gsdx thread but no one replies. Screenshot here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx?pid=...#pid308454

Thanks.

few option that may help :

1- Use Native Resolution as SW mode use it as well
2- try to Disable Speed Hacks or any settings that you have made that could cause bugs
3- try Allow 8-bit textures ( Disabled and enabled )
(07-04-2013, 06:42 AM)The Old Refuge Wrote: few option that may help :

1- Use Native Resolution as SW mode use it as well
2- try to Disable Speed Hacks or any settings that you have made that could cause bugs
3- try Allow 8-bit textures ( Disabled and enabled )
I said I had no speedhack on. Also already tried all gsdx option. Please do not give generic answer as I have tried all these.

If anyone could analyze this gsstate code it would be great:
bool GSC_SuikodenTactics(const GSFrameInfo& fi, int& skip)
{
if(skip == 0)
{
if( !fi.TME && fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMT8H && fi.FPSM == 0 &&
fi.FBMSK == 0x0FF000000 && fi.TBP0 == 0 && GSUtil::HasSharedBits(fi.FBP, fi.FPSM, fi.TBP0, fi.TPSM))
{
skip = 4;
}
}
return true;
}
There's nothing to analyze here;p. It's just a skipdraw hack, there's always a possibility it wasn't tested enough or best way to do it was still slightly broken as we don't really have full control over that. But frankly I tested it and had no problems like yours.

Must be something on your end, from possible things that comes to my mind either you either use some abussive bloom shader or use an awful gpu like intel HD. Solutions to those ~ either disable the shader or buy a dedicated amd or nvidia gpu.
If it's none of that then I'm clueless, your glitch does not happen for me at all.
(07-04-2013, 09:25 AM)miseru99 Wrote: There's nothing to analyze here;p. It's just a skipdraw hack, there's always a possibility it wasn't tested enough or best way to do it was still slightly broken as we don't really have full control over that. But frankly I tested it and had no problems like yours.

Must be something on your end, from possible things that comes to my mind either you either use some abussive bloom shader or use an awful gpu like intel HD. Solutions to those ~ either disable the shader or buy a dedicated amd or nvidia gpu.
If it's none of that then I'm clueless, your glitch does not happen for me at all.
The skipdraw hack has flawed conditionals, it skips drawing for the layer that supposed to appear when using skill.
So you tested it on hw mode? Are you using default shaders?
Can you post screenshot of you casting runes? This bug is not so obvious if you never play the game in the real ps2 to tell the difference(Try casting runes on very bright map, all the early missions are at night/cave so this bug is not so obvious). Thanks.

My gpu is GTX 670MX with latest driver so yeah its not my gpu. I also had this bug in my old laptop with radeon.

edit: also please test it on native res/2x native, if you set the resolution too high there will be less bloom effect hence bug will be even harder to spot.
Ok, now I was able to reproduce it. Should have point it happens on lighter maps only to begin withTongue.

I was able to simplify and correct that hackfix:
Code:
if(skip == 0)
{
    if (fi.TME && fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMT8H && fi.FBP == 0x2E80)
    {
        skip = 4;//removes darkness correctly
    }
}

now just spam someone to add it, lol;p

edit:
And a little screenshot to show it;p
[attachment=44845]
(07-04-2013, 06:09 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Ok, now I was able to reproduce it. Should have point it happens on lighter maps only to begin withTongue.

I was able to simplify and correct that hackfix:
Code:
if(skip == 0)
{
    if (fi.TME && fi.TPSM == PSM_PSMT8H && fi.FBP == 0x2E80)
    {
        skip = 4;//removes darkness correctly
    }
}

now just spam someone to add it, lol;p

edit:
And a little screenshot to show it;p
Great, you are such a genius! Now how do I use the patch you posted at gsdx thread? Thanks.
Uh, the patch needs to be applied to the official gsdx source code which then needs to be compiled(with Visual Studio ~ 2008 or higher), generally better just wait till Rama or someone else decides to replace the current skipdraw with the one I wrote and you'll be able to download it with svn builds.

Oh and a little hint, during those special attacks like visible on the screen I posted, there are visible white lines around the characters and some objects this is basically another post processing effect gone bad(cel-shading;p), I didn't even tried to delete that one since it can be removed with "alpha" hack in GSdx, you might keep that in mind if it bugs you, althrough it shows for like a second or two(it'll also make the characters a bit darker during those moments, but it's pretty sure it would happen when deleting the effect with skipdraw as well;p), edit: just checked cause it bugged me, those white lines I mentioned are not visible on native res at all and are corrected also by TC Offset hack(somewhere around 600 for X and Y), might be better than using alpha to retain most of the original looks. Anyway alpha hack actually decreases the overbloom of current broken skipdraw by a bit as well, not much of a fix since the original graphics had no bloom there at all~_~, but it'll make it slightly more tolerable while waiting.

Oh well, I guess if you can't wait for it getting official ~ and like with all hacks it's not even guaranteed to get there;p, check your PM in a bit.
(07-06-2013, 09:47 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Uh, the patch needs to be applied to the official gsdx source code which then needs to be compiled(with Visual Studio ~ 2008 or higher), generally better just wait till Rama or someone else decides to replace the current skipdraw with the one I wrote and you'll be able to download it with svn builds.

Oh and a little hint, during those special attacks like visible on the screen I posted, there are visible white lines around the characters and some objects this is basically another post processing effect gone bad(cel-shading;p), I didn't even tried to delete that one since it can be removed with "alpha" hack in GSdx, you might keep that in mind if it bugs you, althrough it shows for like a second or two(it'll also make the characters a bit darker during those moments, but it's pretty sure it would happen when deleting the effect with skipdraw as well;p), edit: just checked cause it bugged me, those white lines I mentioned are not visible on native res at all and are corrected also by TC Offset hack(somewhere around 600 for X and Y), might be better than using alpha to retain most of the original looks. Anyway alpha hack actually decreases the overbloom of current broken skipdraw by a bit as well, not much of a fix since the original graphics had no bloom there at all~_~, but it'll make it slightly more tolerable while waiting.

Oh well, I guess if you can't wait for it getting official ~ and like with all hacks it's not even guaranteed to get there;p, check your PM in a bit.
I think alpha hack removes the "character movement" shadow (the thing that shows which grid the character can move), kinda game breaker because the player can also use this to view the grid where the opponent can move to. That shadow itself is bugged in hw mode, giving some weird shape instead of the supposed "square", and also giving fps slowdowns (not noticable unless I disable frame limiter, then basically notice the fps goes down when I press "x" on a character and the game displays his/her movement squares).
Oh, and thanks again! I appreciate your help.
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that fault with alpha, guess I was tired checking that.;o

TC Offset makes it nice through.
I just messed with values a bit more and here's same screenshot as previous also at x2 res after setting TC Offset at X 350, Y 400
[attachment=44865]
with higher res, that white outline disappears totally on such setting, and at native it doesn't even need TC Offset(since like always it's an upscalling glitch;p)
There's also no lense flare on that screenshot in compare to previous;p, the lens flare was pretty much leftover from savestate made on official version. I was really hasty on doing it;x.
It's not there in software mode;o.
[attachment=44866]

Edit: oh and you're welcome :x, a nice change from telling people that netbook or low end laptop cannot run pcsx2 and they need better hardware ~ typical problem in support section. ~_~