Swap Discs Through Cmdline
How do you swap discs via commandline without creating multiple instances of pcsx2?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb

Sponsored links

(02-20-2015, 09:17 PM)shinra358 Wrote: How do you swap discs via commandline without creating multiple instances of pcsx2?

Not sure what you mean?

You are starting PCSX2 via command line, and you want to swap discs? I guess you are using --nogui maybe, so you can't see the menu? If so, no other way than restart PCSX2.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Using PCSX2 through a frontend. Yes, nogui is being used. When telling it through that frontend to load a new disc (to change discs for multi disc games), it makes a new instance instead of just changing the discs. Then there will be 2 instances of the same game running. However on EPSXE, when I do the same process, the disc changing commands work without making a new instance and one can continue gaming without mouse interaction.

So I was wondering if there were any commandlines to swap discs without resetting the whole emulator (like you can do when you're using pcsx2's own gui by pressing the swap button)?
In short, is there a swap disc command line option that doesn't make a new pcsx2 instance?
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
(02-20-2015, 10:04 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Using PCSX2 through a frontend. Yes, nogui is being used. When telling it through that frontend to load a new disc (to change discs for multi disc games), it makes a new instance instead of just changing the discs. Then there will be 2 instances of the same game running. However on EPSXE, when I do the same process, the disc changing commands work without making a new instance and one can continue gaming without mouse interaction.

So I was wondering if there were any commandlines to swap discs without resetting the whole emulator (like you can do when you're using pcsx2's own gui by pressing the swap button)?
In short, is there a swap disc command line option that doesn't make a new pcsx2 instance?

As far as I am aware, no. You can see the available switches here:

http://pcsx2.net/developer-blog/198-the-...dline.html
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD