System Requirements
Hello, and good day! Just stopped by wonder if some games will run with my new system,

Windows 7 64 bit
Overclockable Intel Core2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz(Overclocked to 1.7Ghz maybe further) (3MB Cache, 800MHz FSB)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

Games,

metal gear solid series,castlevania,and all of the shin megami tensei related games especially nocturne and digital devil saga

thanks for your replies in advance

a mystic llama

Sponsored links

will it run ?
Yes

will it run at playable speeds ? no
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
so grim...
your cores are clocked too low you need an additional 1Ghz on top of what you already have, at least 2.5-2.7 ghz.
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
Intel Core2 Duo SU7300 how far can this one be overclocked.. it is in an alienware m11x
i plan to custom build a cooling system for it seeing as its a laptop some sort of plastic box with all my old pc fans(about 6) lol i've read somewhere i think u can get the processor to 2.20ghz
if shin megami tensei nocturne is playable ill be happy
maybe i will be stuck playing snes? :o
im good on everything but the processor?
i do not suggest overclocking laptop, and have no idea how far mobile processor can be overclocked, search online, but my suggestion is, if you cant reach 2.5ghz dont even bother to oveclock be cause you wont reach playable speeds
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
hmmm I hope this is the right thread, or at least relevant enough.

I stumbled upon pcsx2 about a week ago and was excited to get it going. I have what is supposedly a pretty high end, custom built, computer:

Q6600 Quad Core (not overclocked 2.4ghz)
ATI Radeon 4670HD gpu
WinXP Pro (3.25gb ram - maxed out for xp)
Sound Blaster Platinum Champion Series sound card (front panel&remote)

Unfortunately getting pcsx2 to do anything enjoyable seems to be quite a task. A task that has proven to not be enjoyable at all. My ps2 is busted and I still have a ton of games that I'd really like to continue playing even if I have to start over in the game using pcsx2 on my computer to play them.

Through reading and googling I found out how to get my ps2 games burned and I can even get them to launch. They run...but slowly - low FPS (15-80. I've seen 120 ONCE) and the sound is choppy. So I'm wondering...

1. Is my pc just not good enough?
2. WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF PCSX2?
3. What gpu's does it prefer if any? (ATI/nVidia)
4. If all of the above's answers are basically "yeah...what you have should do it"...what the heck am I doing wrong?

I've spent quite a few OW ers trying to select each config and driver setting one by one and tweak my settings so the games are playable.
= FAIL!!!!

These system specs for a PS2 console seem to be telling me that maybe if I break my religion of not overclocking my CPU to 3.0 it might work.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Replies?
Appreciated...
(11-30-2010, 04:04 PM)amysticllama Wrote: Windows 7 64 bit
Overclockable Intel Core2 Duo SU7300 1.3GHz(Overclocked to 1.7Ghz maybe further) (3MB Cache, 800MHz FSB)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 335M

That is some pretty strange specs since your RAM and GPU are up to date but the CPU is so dam weak :\
<REDACTED>
(12-07-2010, 09:47 AM)Fezzer Wrote: That is some pretty strange specs since your RAM and GPU are up to date but the CPU is so dam weak :\

Not really. It's a CULV laptop. CPU is relatively new, just extremely low power (10W TDP).
(12-07-2010, 07:53 AM)Bort Wrote: hmmm I hope this is the right thread, or at least relevant enough.

I stumbled upon pcsx2 about a week ago and was excited to get it going. I have what is supposedly a pretty high end, custom built, computer:

Q6600 Quad Core (not overclocked 2.4ghz)
ATI Radeon 4670HD gpu
WinXP Pro (3.25gb ram - maxed out for xp)
Sound Blaster Platinum Champion Series sound card (front panel&remote)

Unfortunately getting pcsx2 to do anything enjoyable seems to be quite a task. A task that has proven to not be enjoyable at all. My ps2 is busted and I still have a ton of games that I'd really like to continue playing even if I have to start over in the game using pcsx2 on my computer to play them.

Through reading and googling I found out how to get my ps2 games burned and I can even get them to launch. They run...but slowly - low FPS (15-80. I've seen 120 ONCE) and the sound is choppy. So I'm wondering...

1. Is my pc just not good enough?
2. WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS OF PCSX2?
3. What gpu's does it prefer if any? (ATI/nVidia)
4. If all of the above's answers are basically "yeah...what you have should do it"...what the heck am I doing wrong?

I've spent quite a few OW ers trying to select each config and driver setting one by one and tweak my settings so the games are playable.
= FAIL!!!!

These system specs for a PS2 console seem to be telling me that maybe if I break my religion of not overclocking my CPU to 3.0 it might work.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Replies?
Appreciated...

So is it that my system just can't do it or is it that I haven't messed with the settings enough?