System Requirments Question
Hello pcsx2! My english isn't the greatest, but I should be able to ask what I need understandably.

I have recently ordered the following:

e5200
4gigabyte of ddr2 800 Gskill RAM
p5q Motherboard
nvidia 8600GT

Note: I plan on overclocking them as high as they can go, possibly 3.3ghz Laugh

I did read in your thread about system requirements, and while mine are below (you reccomend a quad core and a nvidia 8800), I was just wondering if any fellow members have a similar setup to mine own. If they do, how does theirs run? I am hoping for 50+ frames per second, however, that may be optimistic. Please let me know!

And yes, I have a physical copy of Final Fantasy 10 and a playstation 2, I am no software pirate! I love square enix, and I know they need support to keep creating the best games ever Laugh

Thanks again!

Edit: I also hear that pcsx2 depends more heavily on CPU and RAM than video card. Is this correct?

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is CPU dependant,but some games are GPU dependant.PCSX2 takes only about 200MB RAM so you're fine.
You don't need quadcore,because PCSX2 is using only 2 cores
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
for FF X your setup should be fine. Try to get the E5200 at least at 3 Ghz and then there should be no problem. But for Games which are more GPU dependant you get a problem. I used to have a 8600GTS and couldn't run FF XII well enough and Xenosaga you can completely forget with this GPU Sad.

If possible try go get a 8800GT as that card is best for PCSX2 considered the price and the performance.
Thank you for the information! When my parts arrive I will post my results Tongue
The E5200 doesn't overclock well from what I've heard, and have a ridiculously small cach of 2Mb which affects game performance... I wouldn't take less than an E7200 if I were you...
And I consider that the 8600GTS is a lame card, take at least a 9600 GT.
The E5200 is like any CPU different in overclocking. You will find good ones and bad ones. I read about 3.5 Ghz and more and also about no more than 3 Ghz. So he has to try and see what his CPU can do.
Actually he has a 8600GT which is even slower than the 8600GTS and as I had the GTS I can say that if you want to play with high internal res the card is too slow for PCSX2.