THPS4 disappearing textures
Thumbs Up 
Hey so I'm trying to play THPS 4 but it's unplayable due to all of the ground textures  disappearing as soon as the player gets in range of them. Very difficult to navigate when the floor keeps disappearing.

I can post some screenshots if you like. Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried fiddling around with the video plugins and the rendering modes but nothing has an effect.( I can't actually play any games on hardware mode because it causes every game to totally spaz out, despite playing around with the settings). Anyway II'm disappointed that I can't play this game. Sad

Sponsored links

moved out of bug reports.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hey thanks for the quick reply!  Sorry if it was in the wrong forum, it seemed like a bug to me.  Here's the log, and also a couple screenshots.  I tried pasting the log in the code quotes but it said it was too long (i didnt know which part of it was the relevant part) so I just put it in attachments.   Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 107,61 KB / Downloads: 122)
1 - try latest git build and switch to openGL
2 - i susggest you reinstall pcsx2 from scratch. that dir in which it's installed suggests you recovered from some kind of loss, and you can't be sure how your files are healthy
(10-31-2018, 10:20 AM)jesalvein Wrote: moved out of bug reports.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

(11-02-2018, 08:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - try latest git build and switch to openGL
2 - i susggest you reinstall pcsx2 from scratch. that dir in which it's installed suggests you recovered from some kind of loss, and you can't be sure how your files are healthy

Hello, what do you mean i recovered from some kind of loss?  what is "git"?
some kind of loss > i'm talking about this :
Quote:C:\found.000\dir0000.chk
looks like a recovered directory to me.

"git" builds are developement builds : https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Hello, I saw that it was in a really strange folder, i see what you mean, im not sure why it was installed there. anyway i reinstalled it and switched to opengl and it seems that the problem is fixed, although I only played for about a minute. thanks for your help!

btw do you know how to increase AA through the emulator?
in gsdx options->HW hacks
(11-02-2018, 10:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: in gsdx options->HW hacks

Note that AA is only available on the DX renderers, and is very expensive with VRAM and GPU power. You're better off bumping your internal resolution another level higher than your monitor's resolution.
Thanks for the tip! You guys have been a great help :-)