TT Superbikes & Other TT games
Hello 

I would play all 3 of these games mainly but in each one the graphics seem not to generate fast enough. It looks like a fog in the distance but it's the level/map being pasted on to the screen as i move towards it.

TT Superbikes - Legends 

TT Superbikes - Real Road Racing Championship

TT Superbikes (Europe) 

I have tried every which way to get the game to load as normal while playing, but no matter what i try, it seems to always produce this fog effect. Sometimes the graphics don't load at all and i have to guess where the next turn goes  Blink

Does anyone have any tips to try out to get the map to load as normal. I don't have a great pc, but it's not too slow either

fx6300 4ghz
gtx750ti
4gb ram

Many thanks 

Denver

Sponsored links

What happens if you press f9?
(08-23-2015, 01:35 PM)willkuer Wrote: What happens if you press f9?

Hi Will

Thanks for tip, I tried just now, F9 clears the fog but it slowed the game away down. The game speed is as what it is on the ps2 which is fine but just the fog is the problem. F9 does work but it makes the game speed really slow at the same time.

Does F9 switch presets? I tried preset 5 early this morning and it had the same effect on game speed.

Here is a screenshot of the fog..Sorry the game is on pause screen but you can see it in the distant graphics.

Cheers

Denver

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you could try setting "Extra rendering threads" in gsdx to a value between 3-5 (inclusive of course, else i would have just said 4 Tongue ) to see how that helps with the speed.

Failing that, you may have luck getting one of the new development/git versions of PCSX2 from our site and trying some of the options for the OpenGL renderer as most of these fog type effects should be fixed on there.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-23-2015, 02:00 PM)refraction Wrote: you could try setting "Extra rendering threads" in gsdx to a value between 3-5 (inclusive of course, else i would have just said 4 Tongue ) to see how that helps with the speed.

Failing that, you may have luck getting one of the new development/git versions of PCSX2 from our site and trying some of the options for the OpenGL renderer as most of these fog type effects should be fixed on there.

Hi refraction 

Oh dear Biggrin  I thought you hit the nail on the head with that tip, but It has been mixed results.

The fog effect is still very common with the extra threads but it does help clear/load it alot faster. The game speed suffers a little bit too but not by a great amount

I tried 4 so maybe one of these values will fix it.  I'll try some more with the current build and if all fails, i shall look into the dev/git version

Many thanks

Denver
I would say don't use pcsx2 presets above 2. If you still observe problems you need game specific settings.

F9 toggles sw/hw renderer of the GS plugin. The sw renderer is more precise but as well more demanding. Hw renderer is less accurate and the default.

For the moment I would suggest to use a low preset in emulation settings and play with current git builds and the opengl(HW) renderer and accuracy options - as already suggested. If that doesn't work you need to stick to sw renderer which might not yield sufficient high fps depending on your system.
(08-23-2015, 04:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: I would say don't use pcsx2 presets above 2. If you still observe problems you need game specific settings.

F9 toggles sw/hw renderer of the GS plugin. The sw renderer is more precise but as well more demanding. Hw renderer is less accurate and the default.

For the moment I would suggest to use a low preset in emulation settings and play with current git builds and the opengl(HW) renderer and accuracy options - as already suggested. If that doesn't work you need to stick to sw renderer which might not yield sufficient high fps depending on your system.

I will try this out and hopefully get some good results. 

Thanks Will
The git build is awesome!! OpenGL HW seems to have done the trick Smile

Following everyones advice so far, everything is going good now. I tried out the OpenGL HW render and set 1 extra thread for rendering. Tested this out while i had the game upscaled x2 and things are a great deal better.

The fog remains a little in built up areas of scenery like town scenes, but it loads away very quickly. Game speed is smooth and can even upscale without seeing much slow down.

Just a few tweaks now to find the best settings but everything is working great

Many thanks Will & All for the help and to the Dev's for making this emulator.

Denver
Hello

Just a little update to how things stand with my issue with this game and how i managed to get good results.

From first post i was using a AMD FX 6300 o.c @4.5ghz with 4gb ddr3 GTX750ti. Long story short, this setup was not enough.
I switched to a Intel 4690k o.c @4.5ghz with 12gb ddr3 GTX960 and the difference is night and day.
The new hardware was a huge jump in the right direction but the game still did not run correctly.

Here is a screenshot of the few settings that is needed to make the game run smooth without any slowdowns.

[Image: st1.jpg]

Gits build using AVX /OpenGL hardware was a huge improvement even on the AMD build but with Intel using AVX2 is alot better. The other setting is the Hack - Skipdraw. Setting that to 1 works well. More than 1 is pointless unless it's needed for some other game

AMD setup
-------------------------
GS = [GSdx32-AVX]
OpenGL Hardware
CRC Hack Level = Partial for OpenGL
Enable HW Hacks
Skipdraw = 1
All other program settings defaulted. Set resolution to whichever suits best. You will have to upscale quiet a bit for modern lcd's and it produces vertical lines on the screen which come and go depending on the colours displayed

Intel setup that supports AVX2
--------------------------
GS = [GSdx32-AVX2]
Direct3D11 Hardware
CRC Hack Level = Full
Enable HW Hacks
Skipdraw = 1
All other program settings defaulted. Set resolution to whichever suits best.

Works best with TT Superbikes. TT Legends and TT real Road Racing are newer and require some other settings but they do all run better on the intel setup but not as good as the TT Superbikes which runs great now. Cool

Big thanks to everyone for the help on this thread and for the guys making this possible on a PC, You all rock!!

Denver