Tak the Great Juju Challenge 11 FPS
Having an issue where Tak the Great Juju Challenge is running at about 11 FPS internally (if I'm reading that right). 

In game, it says G:11 | V:59.

The game itself (as well as menus) move very slowly.

I've tried this with my usual settings and also with everything at default; the only thing that changes is graphical quality, FPS stays right there.

Rig:
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Intel Core i5
32gb RAM

PCSX2 Version 1.7.2991

Settings:
Widescreen Patches and Interlacing Patches enabled (I tried without, nothing changed)
Speed Limiter Enabled

Everything in SYSTEM is default, including EE.

Renderer: OPENGL

Fullscreen Mode: Borderless Fullscreen
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9
FMV Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16:9
Deinterlacing: Automatic
Bilinear Filtering Enabled
Sync To Host Refresh Rate Enabled (Tried disabling, nothing changed)
Anti Blur Enabled

Internal Resolution: 4x Native
Mipmapping: Full (PS2 Mipmaps)
Texture Filtering: Bilinear (PS2)
Trilinear Filtering: Trilinear (PS2)
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Dithering: Unscaled (Default)
CRC Fix Level: Partial (OpenGL)
Blending Accuracy: Medium
Texture Preloading: None

Nothing else is changed. The above settings run all of the other games that I've owned (at least the ones I've tested) at full speed, including Sly, Onimusha, and Castlevania Curse of Darkness. Also, I DID try to put everything back to default graphics, and the speed never changed. I'm missing something.

Of note, the PCSX2 wiki says something about software mode. Using that also resulted in no change, same FPS issue.

Any help would be very appreciate

EDIT: This apparently is also happening to the other Tak game I own, the first one, Power of Juju. PCSX2 does not like these games I guess

Sponsored links

what about vulkan renderer ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-23-2022, 06:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what about vulkan renderer ?

No change.
What about default settings ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-23-2022, 08:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: What about default settings ?

I did that too. I wrote that I did it, twice, in the original post.
Some further clarification photos.

Included is a photo of the opening cutscene, showing a bizarre mirror-like stretching on the edge of the screen. Maybe this is a related issue to the internal fps problem?

https://imgur.com/Nq6OW9c

https://imgur.com/qhq5xQx
Still no headway. I'm so lost with this.
That is an internal FPS problem, you'll have to raise the EE Cycle rate if you want to improve that.

As for the weird stretching on the FMV, happens a lot, you can use the SW FMV switch if you wish.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-25-2022, 02:11 AM)refraction Wrote: That is an internal FPS problem, you'll have to raise the EE Cycle rate if you want to improve that.

As for the weird stretching on the FMV, happens a lot, you can use the SW FMV switch if you wish.

How do I change the cycle rate in the QT build? I was going to ask about this. I see a lot of fixes on a few other forums, and around here, for some games, and they talk about "EE -2" and I'm not sure what that means or how it translates to the menus in QT.
just imagine the options are numbers and 0 is "normal speed" under the "system" tab
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]