Tak the Great Juju Challenge 11 FPS
(06-25-2022, 03:22 AM)refraction Wrote: just imagine the options are numbers and 0 is "normal speed" under the "system" tab

So I raised cycle rate all the way to 180% and nothing really happened. It went from 11 to 13.

Sponsored links

Tried 300% (which I have heard is a REALLY bad idea) and got 20 frames, ~sometimes~. The rest of the time it was about 15.
Can you show me your system tab?

Might be that the game just sucks that badly.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-25-2022, 05:11 AM)refraction Wrote: Can you show me your system tab?

Might be that the game just sucks that badly.

I just finished dumping my copy of Tak 2 as well. It has the same issues. I'd test the fourth game, but I don't have it, I'm going to look around at a few game stores tomorrow while I'm out of town. So that's 3/3 games with the exact same 11 FPS issue, all from the same series.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Guess the game just sucks Smile if it's fine on the actual console, then I'll be more concerned.

(06-25-2022, 06:16 AM)refraction Wrote: Guess the game just sucks Smile if it's fine on the actual console, then I'll be more concerned.

It runs perfectly fine on the PS2. This is definitely an emulator slowdown thing; music slows down too. I wonder if they run better on an older version? I might try 1.6.

EDIT: I'm not super positive why I didn't try this before, but the game is fully playable at perfect speed on 1.6 with the same graphical settings as what I'm using on 1.7. That is wild.
Super, alright, I guess I have some regression testing to do..

It'll be fixed in 1.7.3006 once it builds

(06-25-2022, 05:55 PM)refraction Wrote: It'll be fixed in 1.7.3006 once it builds

Thank you so much. I'm sorry I made you do more work when there's so much on your plate...