Tale Of Abyss help to improve performance?
Exclamation 
Hey i'm trying to play tale of abyss but its so darn slow and i tried to config my setting to what my computer spec is. I read all the guides on the main website. Watch videos on youtube, but my speed is still very slow.

And i know my computer isn't the best but it's decent and i wonder why i'm having such a hard time playing this game.

So i like to ask do you guys know how to improve pcsx2 speed or any program i can install to make it run faster. Recently I just did a computer reformat but i reinstall stuff like Graphic Card update so i don't see that being an issues but just putting that out there.

Here is my Computer spec
[Image: boz9kGe.png]

Anyone help would be great. Thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your specs - (Operating System.)
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I think your i7 is great for multi-threaded applications, but PCSX2 only effectively utilizes 3 cores during emulation with the MTVU hack, and your 1.6Ghz per thread is likely the reason why it can't keep up.
(07-11-2013, 07:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your specs - (Operating System.)
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

1.Already shown that in first post.
2. i'm using PCSX2 1.10.05539 svn Jan 29 2013
3. These are the setting im using
[Image: VRtJAag.png]
4. Tales of the Abyss (USA) from .ISO
(07-11-2013, 08:03 PM)Coornio Wrote: I think your i7 is great for multi-threaded applications, but PCSX2 only effectively utilizes 3 cores during emulation with the MTVU hack, and your 1.6Ghz per thread is likely the reason why it can't keep up.

It's not a 1.6ghz processor, it's just a power state. It's a 2.67ghz processor. It's on par with my i5 laptop which I can get this game full speed in most circumstances (and it is only a dual core).

The recommended speed hacks should be enough. When you're playing the game what do your EE and VU %'s show when the game slows down?
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-11-2013, 08:23 PM)Koji Wrote: It's not a 1.6ghz processor, it's just a power state. It's a 2.67ghz processor. It's on par with my i5 laptop which I can get this game full speed in most circumstances (and it is only a dual core).

The recommended speed hacks should be enough. When you're playing the game what do your EE and VU %'s show when the game slows down?

80%EE during dialogue and 20%EE during loading i don't know where to find VU. :\
(07-11-2013, 08:30 PM)NinjaKatana Wrote: 80%EE during dialogue and 20%EE during loading i don't know where to find VU. :\

Sorry, I meant GS. That said, if you don't see VU, that means you don't have MTVU enabled (it's a speed hack that lets you use an additional processing core, very useful).

Anyways, first thing I note is that you only have GSDX10 enabled on a DX11 system. DX10 shouldn't even be an option for you, so you likely need to update your DX11 to the latest version (yes, there are different versions of DX11 before you ask). Google the latest web installer for DX and it'll get you updated and you can make full use of your graphics card. You may also need to update your graphics driver, should do that just in case as well.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-11-2013, 08:36 PM)Koji Wrote: Sorry, I meant GS. That said, if you don't see VU, that means you don't have MTVU enabled (it's a speed hack that lets you use an additional processing core, very useful).

Anyways, first thing I note is that you only have GSDX10 enabled on a DX11 system. DX10 shouldn't even be an option for you, so you likely need to update your DX11 to the latest version (yes, there are different versions of DX11 before you ask). Google the latest web installer for DX and it'll get you updated and you can make full use of your graphics card. You may also need to update your graphics driver, should do that just in case as well.

i do have it enable look at the image o.o i posted with my changed setting.
Agreed my friend update everything, myself using a E8400, 4Gb DDR2 RAM, and the same 550ti works great for me even using 2x scale textures. All in default.
(07-11-2013, 08:41 PM)NinjaKatana Wrote: i do have it enable look at the image o.o i posted with my changed setting.

why did you set vu cycle stealing so high ?
you know it can have a negative effect on FPS, right ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go