Tales of Abyss 2nd playthrough problem
Playing Tales of Abyss on PCSX2.

Used mymc to load a completed save file from Game Faqs into PCSX2. Started playing, got Grade bonuses, etc. But I can't use any of the second mystic artes/extensions that you should be able to use on a bonus (after the first) playthrough.

Used mymc to load a non completed save file from Game Faqs into PCSX2. This file is near the end of the game on a second playthrough. Still can't use any of the second mystic artes/extensions that you should be able to use.

Why does the game think I'm not on a bonus playthrough?

I've played Abyss before on PCSX2 and didn't have a problem. That time, I did my own first playthrough and then a bonus playthrough based on that, and the second mystic artes worked fine. I lost my data which is why I'm trying to use these other save files.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure to fix this problem I need an Abyss save file on the first playthrough but uncompleted. Should be near the end of the game so I can just beat the game and then start a bonus playthrough.

EDIT2: Fixed it. Just needed to finish any playthrough.

Sponsored links

You were missing the System Data file most likely. Or rather, the 'updated' System Data. When you cleared the game it stored that info in the data and saved it.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)