Tales of Abyss Problem
This is my System Specs

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/22/2010, 13:28:01
Machine name: THENGUYENER
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
System Model: VPCCW17FX
BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/09/08 11:12:06 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4064MB RAM
Page File: 2346MB used, 7808MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

I'm playing Tales of Abyss right now, and I get around 50-60 FPS.
But for some reason, whenever I'm out of the open world, forest, etc, I lag with 50-60 FPS. I get choppy movements and other choppy things.
When I get into fights, I can fight perfectly and all that, but when I get out into the open, choppy, choppy, choppy.

Any help on this?
I'm running PCSX2 0.9.6

Sponsored links

The game does this on a ps2 as well. The world map is just a little choppy Wink
The symptoms described are those from VU cycle stealing too high (it's highly game dependent) and/or EE cyclerate, this more evident on the sound but not restricted to it.

Otherwise may be the lacking of speed hacks and the natural lag because of not enough CPU horsepower the reason for the issues, in this case try a bit of hacking to relieve the CPU load.

In any case you should begin to tweak the emulator removing all speed hacks and looking for the better internal resolution which get you the most in performance, you should begin with "native resolution", make sure 8bit texture is disabled. The image will suffer but it may help to get a more playable game.

Once you got the better eyecandy/performance relation for your taste, begin with the speed hacks, step by step to find those that enhances the playability without breaking things.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks guys.

You know what wierd though?
I had PCSX2 awhile ago, and I remembered trying Tales of Abyss out, and there was no lag.
I forgot which config I had, so owell.