Tales of Abyss after MGS2
Hello. I played in ToA on my notebook with i5 (samsung rc720 winx64) and it works great, allmost perfect with direct x9 in gsdx. So I tryed to launch MGS2 with the same configuration as ToA had. MGS2 works on 2/5 but it doesnt matter. I delite MGS2 and return to ToA but it greatly slows! Before MGS2 I had 50-60 fps and perfect sound but now its really unplayable with 10-20fps. Same atory with FFX, now its also slows. How can I return it to normal? I delite all pcsx2 folder, tryed new svn versions but its useless. I DONT change any options before and after MGS2. I really dont know what to do to fix it to normal.
P.S. Same story on PC on AMD phenome x4, it start slows little.
Im waiting any advice. Is there any mistakes in my post Im sorry, hope you can understand what I meant.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have Samsung RC720:
Core i5 2410M 2300 Mhz
17.3" 1600x900
RAM 4096Mb
Win 7x64 HP
External GeForce 520M with internal Intel HD Graphics Family
###
PCSX2 5603:
bios Japan
GSDX AVX 5580
-adapter-GeForce 520M
-Directx9 hardware (where is no OpenGL option in list. Why?)
-Interlasing none
-Aspect Ratio 16:9
-2x native
-half texture filtering
-logarithmic Z
-alpha correction
SPU
-nearest
-disable effects
-xaudio 2
-latency 250
-Async Mix
EMU CONFIG GLOBAL
-No game fixes
-speedhack EE Cyderate 1, VU Cycle 0, INTC Spin, Wait loop, mVU Flag Hack
-gs 16:9, fullscreen after launch
###
Other options are default
###
FFX run at fullspeed without any problems in all heavy scene. 50 fps alltime and perfect sound. ToAbyss works same as FFX.
What happen before (after it runs at half speed and not return to normal)
1. One time I changed disk to MGS2 and return to FFX and ToA
2. Second time I changed options to EE Cyderate 2, VU Cycle 1 and return to normal
3. Simple reboot the computer (perfect work at evening - bad at morning)
###
Sometimes helps all deleting and installing from zero, reboot helps too (both 10%)
I think its a problem of PC. Someone wrote that internal and external video card works together (GF 520M work is depend of Intel HD, so maybe Intel HD not turning on the GF 520M?).
Any advice from your side. Thanx for all.
make sure you select the good gfx card in your gsdx settings.
Tick MTVU hack in speedhacks tab.

and make sure your laptop's power plan is set to high performance mode.
Im giving up. It works random and fades again after reboot without any changes in configuration. Something wrong with notebook I think. Thanx anyway.
Even with what i suggested ?
Try plugging in your laptop. It sounds like it's throttling down
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
jesalvein thank you. MTVU hack gives few fps. So, I disable all usless options (from perfomance viewpoint) in nVidia driver settings, set GF520M as default in all applications. Delete /inis folder and set RunWizard=1 in portable.ini to run wizard from begining. It helps and I really hope it will works great but I need some time to be sure. Will see what will be tomorrow after reboot.
Nothing. Now since then the GF520M is default for all apps there are two GF520M in GSDX Adapter menu. ZeroGS works with same speed as GSDX - sometimes perfect but allmost always at half or 2/3 of max speed. MAybe I shoud change drivers from 310 to original 266.
###
Runs good with 266.83 driver (official from samsung.com). It helps. I hope. Time to testing for few days.
The problem is not solved. It happened again after reboot. I dont have any idea. Authors please help in solving my problem. I can record the video from the display before and after. I think it is the fault of nVidia Optimus technology. Geforce 520M does not turn on after reboot and emu works in Intel HD mode. Waiting for any response.