Tales of Abyss cursor is always pushing up (need help!)
Hi guys, I've been playing for awhile Tales of Abyss and suddenly the cursor started to push up all the time. That is to say my character is running up all the time and you can't do anything with it. I am using the last version of emulator and plugins. I tried gamepads Lilly and ssspsx, tried to switch off everithing, all the hacks, tried to install earlier version of emu, unplugging the gamepad and using only keyboard, but still it is running all the time up. Other games are fine, no problems, just beat ffx.

I've find the same issue over here:
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=133

And the answer was like that:
"try pressing the analog button or try the left degital button"
because
"When loading savestates you must wait until *after* the game has configured the PAD
plugin, which happens at the same time it checks the memorycards and pops up the
"memory card found/not found" box. This is due to the analog calibration portion of
the PAD api not being saved with the Pcsx2 savestates properly"

But nothing happening either when I press analog sticks.

Can anyone help please.

Sponsored links

Ergh. I've had this issue or something similar LOOONG ago. We're talking at least 2 years ago. I don't remember what I did to fix it though.

I believe in my case it just stopped responding in the menu for whatever reason.

[Edit]
Are you using any cheats by any chance?
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
No, that is the first thing I've checked. It is very strange, I played for an hour and everything was fine. Then suddenly it started to run up. I messed around with it a lot, and sometimes it started to work fine after many resets. Then after a while it pops up again, have no idea what causes it. Just now I went to menu to change the ISO and put Final Fantasy X, put reset and loaded sstate and everything goes fine. After that I change ISO to Tales of Abyss and loaded sstate and now it works, no running up. But I am sure it would come back after a few minutes. ((
Here it is again (((
Go into the pad plugin settings and rebind stick controls. That fixed a similar issue for me.
I went to LillyPad plugin and cleared all the keys. Then started the game, but still is running up, even no keys are being assigned, then reassinged the keys and no change. The same with Ssspsx plugin. The problem maybe in here^

"When loading savestates you must wait until *after* the game has configured the PAD
plugin, which happens at the same time it checks the memorycards and pops up the
"memory card found/not found" box. This is due to the analog calibration portion of
the PAD api not being saved with the Pcsx2 savestates properly"

But no idea how to overcome.

Thanks for suggestion, any other clues?
I cleared all the settings in the Lillypad and still after the load the character is running up, that is without any keys assigned. The same thing after I've reassigned the keys. Also I used other plugin Ssspsx and no changes. It's very strange as other games are working fine.
I am using CRC = 0x14FE77F7 NTSC with the USA bios.

Anyway thanks for ideas.

Any other suggestions?
Don't load savestates if you did so far.

Please provide the full emulog after you observed the problem.
Yes i've tried to start the blank game, without even loading not just states but even a memory card and it was still running up, but now it's fine. I just went to the Lillypad settings and took off the marks in "Game Device API's" - left only "Direct Input" and it is working now. Lets hope that it will not change again. ))

But now other problem has arisen, the screen goes dark after the battle - all speedhacks are switched off. What's wrong with the emulation of this game? )) Now I'll search how to overcome this thing.

Thanks guys.
(04-24-2015, 09:45 PM)willkuer Wrote: Don't load savestates if you did so far.

Please provide the full emulog after you observed the problem.
Ok I figured out everything. Yes it is important to load from the memory card save point and not from the sstates after the changes have been made. Here is the configurations for Tales of Abyss in pictures, the language is Russian, just ignore it and click on the pictures with configs, everything will work 100%:
*snip*