Tales of Destiny (Director's Cut) NTSC-J FMV Freezes
Quote:Tales of Destiny (Director's Cut) NTSC-J
PCSX2 1.0.0
GTX580
16GB Ram
Windows 7 64-bit
SPU2-X
GSdx 5334

Hi. I am trying to play Tales of Destiny Director's Cut NTSC-J on PCSX2 1.0.0. I'm using all the default settings. Gameplay is pretty much perfect, but the game freezes completely whenever a FMV starts. This goes for both the opening FMV and in-game FMVs. Is there a way to fix this? The gameplay itself seems to be perfect.

Sponsored links

there should be an skip mpeg fix in the gamefix tab under emulator settings, this will simply skip the fmv's

hope it helps Smile
(09-08-2012, 11:20 PM)warWeeny Wrote: there should be an skip mpeg fix in the gamefix tab under emulator settings, this will simply skip the fmv's

hope it helps Smile

So there is no way to make it possible to watch the FMVs without the game freezing, then?

Thanks for the help! Smile
(09-08-2012, 11:38 PM)kupokupo Wrote: So there is no way to make it possible to watch the FMVs without the game freezing, then?

not sure about that, i just gave you a fix to play the game Tongue
you can always watch the fmv's on youtube no? Smile
(09-09-2012, 12:41 AM)warWeeny Wrote: not sure about that, i just gave you a fix to play the game Tongue
you can always watch the fmv's on youtube no? Smile

Ah. It's possible to skip the FMV's (before they freeze), so I'm just looking for a way to be able to watch them in all their glory. I had no idea that they're on Youtube, but if they are, I suppose I can just watch them there. Thanks. If anyone knows of a way to make the FMVs not freeze, it would be appreciated. Thanks! Smile
Tried setting GSdx to a software renderer?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
We just fixed an old bug that might be the cause of your hangs.
Try the latest SVN version from here:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
(09-09-2012, 04:10 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tried setting GSdx to a software renderer?

I tried setting it to DX9 (software) without that helping. Then I tried DX11 -- still no good.

(09-09-2012, 09:13 PM)rama Wrote: We just fixed an old bug that might be the cause of your hangs.
Try the latest SVN version from here:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

I tried using the latest build. Still hangs on FMVs.

Any other suggestions are welcome!
Which video exactly...the intro or when Stan fall into the water
The intro being long is most likely to hang, but every video is likely to hang. It's like it runs out of juice. First no more video, then no more sound.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]