Tales of Destiny Directors Cut Menu Slowdown
I am trying to run the Tales of Destiny Directors Cut on 64 bit Ubuntu. For the most part, the game runs fine - during movement and battle the game runs at more or less 60 FPS. When I enter menus, however - or really when just a lot of text appears on the screen - it suddenly drops to about 20 or even 10 FPS. So far, nothing seems to have had an effect, though this doesn't seem to happen on the other game I've tried, Persona 4. Has anyone else seen this?

For the record, my hardware is:

intel i5 3.4 GHz processor
EVGA GTX 770 graphics card

and the plugins I've been using are:
GS: ZZ Ogl PG 0.4.0
PAD: OnePAD 1.1.0
SPU2: SPU2-X 2.0.0
Null drivers for everything else

Sponsored links

Are you using Gregory's PPA? If not, how did you compile pcsx2 (what version)? Are you using open source or proprietary Nvidia driver? Have you used GSdx software and/or hardware mode?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(09-25-2013, 03:00 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: Are you using Gregory's PPA? If not, how did you compile pcsx2 (what version)? Are you using open source or proprietary Nvidia driver? Have you used GSdx software and/or hardware mode?

I was using Gregory's PPA, with the open source driver. Before, using GSdx led to the emulator not even booting. But after switching to the proprietary Nvidia driver, I was able to use it. Ultimately using the Nvidia driver and GSdx software mode solved the problem completely!
That being said, there are some issues with the screen shaking slightly. It's nothing I can't ignore, but it's a bit annoying. Any chance there's a way to eliminate those without causing the frame rate to drop (setting the interlacing mode to blend drops it down to about 40 at all times)
Interlacing is about as good as it gets. There is still a lot of work on hardware mode for Nvidia users, although Gregory indicates he got it working. Linux version of pcsx2 is just not as refined as Windows version.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti