Tales of Legendia
I am trying to get Tales of Legendia working and have been able to get it to look correctly, but it is running at about 35 fps.

Before the flamers start... Yes, I've read the other posts regarding this game and have made the appropriate plugin settings to what people say works.

Currently everything looks just the way it should, but I'm getting only 35 fps once I get past the menus with GU running at ~95% and EE only 40%.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

GS: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 gsdx-sse2-r3068
SPU2: SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0
CDVD: Linuz ISO Cdvd 0.9.0 (cdvdiso r3065)

Speedhacks/Frameskipping: None

I've tried 6 different combinations of the GS plugin, using the SSE2, SSE41, and SSSE3 with DX9 and DX10/11 software modes. The fastest setting I got was SSE2 DX9 software with 3 sw render threads. Speedhacks and frameskipping actually slowed it down, go figure.

ZeroGS doesn't work at all for some reason, or maybe I just need to configure it differently.

If anyone has anything else I can try, I'd love to hear it. After I post this, I'm gonna try over-clocking again and see what that does.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

use the old recompiler, that might seepd it up some (was the exact oposite for me however)
Very slow game, best I got was using Direct3D10 (Software) renderer in GSdx and then with frameskip (2,2).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Thanks, actually it went back up to full speed once I turned overclocking back on and got past that boat intro. Unfortunately this game doesn't feel like the usual Tales series... Feels way to 2D, but I've only been playing for 5 minutes. We'll see how it goes. Tales of Legendia seems to have bad ratings compared to the other tales games.
Ok, ran into something else... Not a big issue, just annoying.

Any idea what these lines are? They appear only in certain areas and I can't figure out what the cause is. I provided another picture to show that it only occurs in certain parts of certain dungeons, not just entire areas.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Graphic glitches, not much if anything you can do about it at the moment Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I got mine to run at the full 60 fps but had to tweak it quite a bit. Also your results may be diffrent from mine as I'm running on a overclocked quadcore 3.4 ghz with a Nvidia GTX 250 1gb video card but here goes. Some people have trouble with it loading in hardware mode to fix this start a game in using software make a save state and then change it to hardware and load the save state and it runs alot better and faster. I was also only getting 30-35 fps in software mode all i did was do what i just stated and playing in hardware mode jumped it to 60 fps i can turn turbo on and get up to 88 fps like this so give it a try it helped me alot the game is fully playable at max speed like this even FMV's and cinematics run at 60 fps.
Use Direct3D11 and if you want better performance in TIL then you need to get the latest AMD or Nvidia Graphics Card because Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 is very old and you might want to get AMD 7XXX HD or NVIDIA 5XX these graphic card add 3 gb of ram for your PC.

Adjust the fps at GS Framelimiter

USE GSDX LATEST 1
Stop bullshitting, GTX260 is a very capable card and more than enough for Legendia.
(01-23-2012, 12:10 PM)naoan Wrote: Stop bullshitting, GTX260 is a very capable card and more than enough for Legendia.

Oh Yeah You got to stop using bad language and the rules say no bad words like swearing so and i know GTX260 is capable but it a outdated graphics card .. i see what do you mean but the newest graphic card have new and better componenent Nvidia make new and better components but with lots of improvements for their graphic card if their is less improvement in these graphics card there wouldn`t be many sold would they you need to watch your tongue naoan because i am tell you guys how to speed up the fps in a reasonalble fps for beside the new graphic card adds 3 gb of ram and maybe this will help Tales of Legendia play the fps better