Tales of Legendia Questions
Man, the current GSdx still didn't fully support this game yet at least the english version
Proof is when you look at the console when playing it always report error "out-of-memory" the stronger computer or frameskip only help you to "ignore" the problem not to "solve" it
Though I didn't try japanese version I did try both english version and UNDUB version on my dual core computer with the ~r5000 and guess what ?
English version run about 30fps at max and only 5-10fps in battle (some only 2fps though) and console almost always report error
Undub version ... well max at 60fps and ... everywhere (even in the battle with only 2fps above) no hack no error reporting
You only have to "endure" the japanese voice ... (I prefer them though)
The odd that there will be a unique gsdx is super low and I know many player don't have enough budget for a high end computer (if you have enough money to buy a new quad core 3.4 computer then buying a ps2 is nothing really)
So if you want to enjoy Tales of Legendia completely just "endure" a little japanese voice Laugh (but trust me there's a lot more emotion in japanese voice actingyou will love it soon enoughLaugh)

Sponsored links

Quote:Proof is when you look at the console when playing it always report error "out-of-memory" the stronger computer or frameskip only help you to "ignore" the problem not to "solve" it

use the 4gB patcher on pcsx2.exe
The issue is that one version is CRC detected and a hack in GSdx kicks in, the other version has an unknown CRC.
(02-02-2012, 12:11 AM)aresvanyz Wrote: (if you have enough money to buy a new quad core 3.4 computer then buying a ps2 is nothing really)

Errr why the @#$% would you need to buy a PS2?
You must already own a PS2 to be able to play games on PCSX2 legally.

Sorry but something stinks here, yarrrr.
Maybe his current PS2 isn't working or something. No need for a witch-hunt me thinks.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Bleh i haven't considered that possibility it was 6:43 AM when i made that post and i was kinda sleep deprived XD .

Sorry about the uncalled for witch hunt.

P.S: I'm also grumpy when i don't get enough sleep Tongue .
ok awesome after a while i got this running as smooth as possible, no glitches, no lag, super smooth. Works 100% perfect.

Setting: Direct 3d HW, 1980x1080 res, tex filture on, 8bit tex on, japan v1.00 bios, aa off, extra rend threads 4, frame skipping off ( shift -f4 )

No speedshacks whatsoever, no automatic game fix.

windows 7 64 bit
nvidea 250 GTS
4 gig ram

not so sick a system, still works like a charm! good luck to all and hope u get to play this game like im playing it now xD!

Direct 3d 10 ** Smile
ok awesome after a while i got this running as smooth as possible, no glitches, no lag, super smooth. Works 100% perfect.

Setting: Direct 3d HW, 1980x1080 res, tex filture on, 8bit tex on, japan v1.00 bios, aa off, extra rend threads 4, frame skipping off ( shift -f4 )

No speedshacks whatsoever, no automatic game fix.

windows 7 64 bit i5 2.67 ghz
nvidea 250 GTS
4 gig ram

not so sick a system, still works like a charm! good luck to all and hope u get to play this game like im playing it now xD!
Direct 3d 10 ** Smile
To TC. You can get a decent PC to run this emulator for like 500-600 bucks.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3