Tales of the Abyss
I have searched the forums and browsed the other Tales of the Abyss topics, and didn't see anything about some of my issues. First off, I'd like the mention the game is running at 60FPS with no problem what so ever for me except for these couple of things.

1) Game feels laggy at world map. I did find some topics talking about this. The game is still running at the full 60 FPS, so I can only assume this "lag" is due to something with in the game its self, not a PCSX setting.

2) Strange Ghosting. (as seen in pic) [Image: ghosting.png] I can not for the life of me figure out why this is happening or how to stop it.

3) Strange shadows. This one doesn't happen very often, in fact, I've only seen in once so far. All the characters (NPC's, player characters, etc) will have these strange shadows under them, it looks like a shadow square with a circle in it. This might be a texture thing, but I figured I should mention it anyway. No screen shot of this cause I've only seen in once so far, but I'll grab one next time I see it if needed.

Sponsored links

1) try it on your PS2. You will see it's laggy too
2) you can get rid of this by setting gsdx internal res to native. Else, try setting gsdx skipdraw hack to 1
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
1.Yes this is bug with the game itself
2.Try using scaling rather than custom d3d resolution
I switched to scaling, and I still have the ghosting. Sorry for my ignorance, but where is the skipdraw hack option? I don't see it under Speedhacks or Game Fixes. And in the plugin settings for GSD 10 the hacks section is empty. (I'm using GSdx 4828 (MSVC 16.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [Gsdx32-SSE4-r4928])
Read the configuration guide and check the section about GSdx hacks.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-26-2011, 06:43 PM)Bositman Wrote: Read the configuration guide and check the section about GSdx hacks.

I will, in the mean time, heres the shadow:

[Image: shadow.png]

Belive it or not, it seems to only apear on boats? As you can see in the picture, it shows up indepentently of the ghosting. Both of them show up at random times when ever they feel like it. I'll look into the hack and see if it fixes it as well.

EDIT: Hitting esc, then choosing system resume, gets rid of the shadow till I go thru a load screen. Well, doesn't get rid of it, but it goes back to normal.

EDIT: Well, the offset hack seem to get rid of the halos, and the AA hack is nice, but I still have that shadow. Not really a big deal, just annoying. I also noticed they apear under NPC's and around save spheres as well.
You seem to have covered everything by now in hardware renderers, only software mode (press F9 while playing) will get most stuff nice but it's lower speed and lower pixel count.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(07-26-2011, 09:48 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You seem to have covered everything by now in hardware renderers, only software mode (press F9 while playing) will get most stuff nice but it's lower speed and lower pixel count.

Yeah, looks like the ghosting isn't solved either, it keeps comming back, and no combo of scaling and hacks seems to be fixing it completely. Its all good tho, I can deal with every now and then having to hit esc and then resume. I could play it on native I guess, but I like the improved look.