Tales of the Abyss - Area will not load
I won't spoil where I am, but I cannot get to the lower area of Baticul after opening up the Mushroom Road sidequest. Using either of the 2 elevators to get to the lower portion of the city results in a freeze. All other gameplay up to this point was relatively fine. Tried reducing speedhacks used and turning Clamping all the way up, etc.

Included screenshot of when the freeze happens (see attached), seems to not want to load the map for some reason.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I don't know too much about that,but I think I can help..Are you running the game from DVD or from ISO..If from DVD,transfer the Entire DVD to ISO(with a software like MagicISO) and try using it with LiuzzISO by loading the game from your Hard Drive..If you are already running an ISO,try changing the CD/DVD plugin and tell us the results...
It's from an ISO and I have no other CD/DVD plugins that work besides Linuz.
Try passing that section with ZeroGS or if you are using it with GSDX...what are your specs???
Tried ZeroGS, same result.

AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5200+ (2.70 GHz x2)
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO (512 MB)
have you checked the game compatibility on the pcsx2 website

http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?p=1&c=t&s1=1...&s4=1&s5=1

it says playable,so,either someone didn't play that far and lied about the ending credits,or your hdd/iso/emu is crashing and your HW/SW is causing the problem..I really don't know what else to say...Sad
Sad 
(07-30-2009, 02:50 AM)korisnik2007a Wrote: have you checked the game compatibility on the pcsx2 website

http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?p=1&c=t&s1=1...&s4=1&s5=1

it says playable,so,either someone didn't play that far and lied about the ending credits,or your hdd/iso/emu is crashing and your HW/SW is causing the problem..I really don't know what else to say...Sad

Tales of the Abyss - Another problem...
Some scenes when characters talk and you see lots of grafic disign surrounding them. the fps goes down from 30-40 or 40-50 ... Is there someway to fix this and have fps from 50-60 or 60 if is possible?

AMD QuadCore 9550 2.5GHz 2GBytes RAM Windows XP SP2 & emulator pcsx2-beta-1474 or pcsx2 0.96 or pcsx2r

Attached Files
.doc   Tales of the Abyss - Compatibility Problem.doc (Size: 550,5 KB / Downloads: 279)
I'm sorry for necroing an old thread but since this is what comes up if you google this issue I thought I'd leave the solution that I found here. (I also added it to the wiki)

You simply have to make sure that you've triggered all the scenes available before moving on. In my case, it was because I was there to see the king but had also finished the "mushroom road-quest". Until I went to the Fabre manor and handed in that quest, the area wouldn't load, just like how Super_Mew describes it.

Good luck!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go