Tales of the Abyss Random Encounter Bug
I've tried looking for threads relating to this this but can't seem to find any. I probably the only experiencing this bug, the only one bothered by it, or I'm a complete noob to all this. Or all three. Anyways, Tales of the Abyss runs pretty smoothly on my machine, it has occasional frame rates of 80% that makes them talk in slow motion but its tolerable. Its probably cuz I'm using a quad core notebook. What bothers me is that after I've return to Batical, all random battles don't seem to work anymore. Whenever I touch the enemies, they simply turn blue and I lose HP and TP like I've ran from battle. You could still probably finish the game like this but its a great annoyance. Is this a known bug? Pretty sure I'm not using speed hacks or anything like that.

Graphic plugin: GSdx 1873 (MSVC 15.00 SSE41) 0.1.15 Direct3D 11 (Hardware)

Sponsored links

not a valid bug report, moved.
i don't remember such a bug in this game.

Anyways, don't use gsdx in dx11 mode. It's in alpha stages and won't give you better performances than Dx10 mode.
Quote:Pretty sure I'm not using speed hacks or anything like that
"pretty sure" ? please, be sure Tongue2
and you never gave us your pc specs & pcsx2 version you're using
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-25-2010, 08:54 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not a valid bug report, moved.
i don't remember such a bug in this game.

Anyways, don't use gsdx in dx11 mode. It's in alpha stages and won't give you better performances than Dx10 mode.
Quote:Pretty sure I'm not using speed hacks or anything like that
"pretty sure" ? please, be sure Tongue2
and you never gave us your pc specs & pcsx2 version you're using

My machine's specs are:

CPU: Intel i7-720QM
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730; VRAM: 1GB
Memory: 4GB of RAM

Didn't seem to be a performance or graphic issue to me but I could be wrong.

The PCSX2 version I'm using is 0.9.6, downloaded from the download section of the official site. I've heard about different revision versions and builds but have no idea where to get those.

My configurations for pcsx2 are:

Graphic: GSdx 1873 (MSVS 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.5 (Direct10 or 11, the problem still occurs), interlacing = none, aspect ratio = 4:3, D3D internal resolution = native (texture filtering, logarithmic z, allow 8-bit textures, and alpha correction are all checked)

Sound: SPU2-X 1.2.0, Interpolation = linear, Module = XAudio 2, latency = 120, enable audio expansion is checked

Controller: Lilypad 0.9.9

Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0

Dev9: Dev9null Driver 0.4.0

USB: USBnull Driver 0.6.0

Firewire: FWnull Driver 0.5.0

What I meant by pretty sure is that I'm not too confident I understand how all this work. Its set to default cycle rate and nothing else is checked if that's what you mean. Haven't touched anything else except for gamefix but they're not for this game and they didnt seem to do anything anyways.

If it matters, I am using the undub iso version of game. The problem still occurs even if I load from my legit English game disk though so not sure if the problem lies there.

What is needed to constitute a "valid bug report" anyway? I seem to see that comment a lot in post where people are requesting help for their problems here.

I've also tried using the r1888 beta version, using the newer plugins as well as my old setup. Neither solve the problem.
How to do a proper bug report.

You're running from an iso, yes? Then use linuz iso instead of mounting it.
Also, uncheck 8-bit texture.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Maybe Tear has the monster collector title.
It's his effect.
Games finished
Metal Saga
Rogue Galaxy
Atelier Iris 2 - The Azoth of Destiny
Atelier Iris 3 - The Grand Phantasm
Tales of the Abyss
(03-26-2010, 05:03 AM)Shura Wrote: Maybe Tear has the monster collector title.
It's his effect.

LOL yea that's what it was, boy do i feel stupid. I was able to fight random battles on one of my earlier save stats so I tried to make everything like how it was then and eventually found out what it was. Thanks anyways guys.
Closing, so hopefully no one tracks this.