Tales of the Abyss (Slowdowns and such)
I run everything on my core 2 duo 3.0 (with a 4850) at max - including God of War 2 and Final Fantasy 12 - just fine at full speed with 1x antialiasing. However, I do get ghosting on GoW2, which goes away in the native resolution. So I think it has something to do with the glitches mentioned in the resolution box, play in native resolution if it bothers you that much.

Sponsored links

Wish I could, I'm about 8 hours in and the slowdowns and crashes have increased in frequency.
(08-07-2010, 01:48 PM)Pacmaney Wrote: Wish I could, I'm about 8 hours in and the slowdowns and crashes have increased in frequency.

Have you checked your computer with an antivirus? Could it be a virus, dont know, but it's rather odd Blink.
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
Or temperature issues.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'm currently playing this game with very similar specs, only real difference is I have a q6600@ 3.0 and I'm using svn 3516. I'm playing at full speed with only maybe a drop to 50 fps in one or two towns, using 3x native and 4 AA. When I start the game I get the ghosting issue but if I ESC out and then resume it goes away and generally for the entire session, occasionally it comes back and you just have to do it again. This game also doesn't like EE Cycle Rate hacks or VU Cycle Stealing. The VU Cycle Stealing would always cause crashes for me and the EE would actually cause the worldmap to run slower. The hacks I've found that work well without any issues are Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack and mVU Block Hack.
(08-07-2010, 04:52 PM)Wedgezilla Wrote: I'm currently playing this game with very similar specs, only real difference is I have a q6600@ 3.0 and I'm using svn 3516. I'm playing at full speed with only maybe a drop to 50 fps in one or two towns, using 3x native and 4 AA. When I start the game I get the ghosting issue but if I ESC out and then resume it goes away and generally for the entire session, occasionally it comes back and you just have to do it again. This game also doesn't like EE Cycle Rate hacks or VU Cycle Stealing. The VU Cycle Stealing would always cause crashes for me and the EE would actually cause the worldmap to run slower. The hacks I've found that work well without any issues are Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack and mVU Block Hack.

mVU Block Hack? I don't recall that being in the speedhacks menu.