Tales of the Abyss Sound Issue
This is a separate issue from the one I posted about before ><

Seemingly at random, certain sounds stop happening. Shortly after, usually after the end of a battle or while loading, the game freezes entirely. It could just be a coincidence but it doesn't seem like it.

I've tried several different sound plugins, including SPU2-X 1.1 and 1.2, GiGaHeRz's SPU2 1.9, P.E.Op.S SPU2, ZeroSPU2r-514 and ZeroSPU2r1455. Along with almost all of the different settings within the plugins.

I can most more specs if needed. I finally managed to get the game working perfectly fine aside from this issue.

Sponsored links

Tried with both the stable and the latest beta? Do you use any speedhacks? what's your settings? are you using savestates a lot? cause they can cause that too :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'm using the newest beta. With the latest stable I can only get around 40 FPS max.

I went ahead and attached all the relevant settings, no patches or gamefixes are on.

I don't normally use savestates until I notice that the sounds are missing, just to have a backup in case I crash soon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try pressing the "defaults" button in the advanced settings and using no speedhacks, use SPU2-X and also try making an ISO of the game and run it with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i have this problem too and the only way to get around it is turn off vu cycle stealing