Tales of the Abyss Undub 2.0 help
Hi, I'm trying to run the Abyss undub on my computer from an iso, and I'm sort of able to depending on how much I play with the plugins (I don't have much of a clue as to what I'm doing, I'm only following the config page's instructions). But no matter what, I can't get the game to run smoothly/fast (framerate is about a quarter to a third of what it should be as ZeroGS displays a 15-20 fps, it can get worse if I enable certain plugins). Has anyone here been able to work it? Yukana's voice among others is totally worth it for me. (I'm not sure where or how to get my PS2 modded to play burnt games, so that's not really an option right now.)

My computer is a dual core, 2.8GHz each, but with the little I know about it I don't know whether it's considered "good" or not, given that I bought it in 2006. Can someone please offer their assistance?

Sponsored links

what type of cpu do you have? Intell works the best with pcsx2, and to run games smoothly you should have 3Ghz+
zero gs is a bad plugin. use gsdx
Undub = piracy.
(04-13-2009, 10:07 PM)Maestro Wrote: Undub = piracy.

could be a ppf patch, could it not? just like Namco X Capcom english
I bet it's the kotoba 2.0 Wink
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(04-13-2009, 09:03 PM)asvati Wrote: what type of cpu do you have? Intell works the best with pcsx2, and to run games smoothly you should have 3Ghz+

I have an Intel Pentium 4, and like I said 2 2.8 Ghz cores. Is that enough?

And Saiki, when I use Gsdx, the game's shapes and textures get destroyed; I see through the back of luke's head into the backside of his face, everything gets torn apart, the walls and pillars get screwed up too. The only thing I see wrong with zero gs is that it screws up the opening menu background, where it displays the inside of a library, but the game after that looks fine. Am I using gsdx wrong?
try reconfiguring gsdx
No,undubs are where the audio files are replaced with the audio files from the Japanese version. ppf is for translations, which is just overwriting text in a game. Therefore undubs are downloaded off the internet because only the undubber has the original copy. Therefore it is illegal.
(04-13-2009, 11:32 PM)Maestro Wrote: No,undubs are where the audio files are replaced with the audio files from the Japanese version. ppf is for translations, which is just overwriting text in a game. Therefore undubs are downloaded off the internet because only the undubber has the original copy. Therefore it is illegal.

I have seen tools to do that, it can still be just the other files distributed with instructions.