Tales of the Abyss black screen after training
Exclamation 
Hey guys. I've been using PCSX2 for a while now, and any problem I've had I was able to fix by googling around, but that doesn't seem to work this time. I'm at the very beginning of Tales of the Abyss. I complete the training with Von, and from there the music stops and the screen goes black. I've tried everything I could think of: disabling speedhacks, changing the graphics plugin, turning off the sound, and nothing seems to help. I had enhanced the graphics a lot, but even with everything set to display as if were on PS2 hardware, it still happens. I have a fairly beefy computer: i7-4770, 32 GB RAM, GTX 660. I should also note I'm using 1.4, but I tried it on a newer build as well to no avail (1.50-*tons of numbers*) When it crashes, the console displays this message (sorry for the spacing, just pasting):

Trap exception at 0x0068d5f0
padman: DMA Busy ID = ef060304 ret = 1
        SB_STAT = f0000102

It only lists the trap exception once, but the "padman" error gets repeated every few seconds.

Any help would be really awesome. I've found a million fixes before here so I'm hopeful you wizards can come up with something. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So I got it going, thought I'd post it here because none of the threads I've found had a fix. I disabled everything, loaded my latest save, and got to the part where it'd black out. At that point I disabled frame limiting, and it went right into the next scene. I'm going to make sure to save constantly in case this happens again. Of course I get it going right after posting my thread.

My apologies for gunking up the board. Thank you for responding jesalvein, your willingness to help is very much appreciated!
(04-23-2016, 09:10 AM)evolvedmessiah Wrote: So I got it going, thought I'd post it here because none of the threads I've found had a fix. I disabled everything, loaded my latest save, and got to the part where it'd black out. At that point I disabled frame limiting, and it went right into the next scene. I'm going to make sure to save constantly in case this happens again. Of course I get it going right after posting my thread.

My apologies for gunking up the board. Thank you for responding jesalvein, your willingness to help is very much appreciated!

what did you disabled?
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.