Tales of the Abyss crashing
I don't really know how to explain it but i'll try

while playing the game it runs perfectly fine with very few slow downs once in a while which isnt a problem. The problem comes in randomly.. sometimes within minutes sometimes it takes a few hours. Some sounds will just all of a sudden stop while playing and then the next fight that comes up it will crash.

This happens in the official release and beta's, latest gsdx(usually 1354 for this game) and spu2-x and i've tried a few different settings but maybe someone can help Tongue

Running vista 64 sp2
amd athlon 64 x2 kuma [email protected] thing
geforce 9800gt
4gb ram

If i'm missing something here let me know

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

oh sometimes it also look as if things are loaded quite a bit before the menus finish saying so if that means anything at all
hmmm.......... try to enable the status flag hack, it makes a big speedup. Also use vu cycle stealing and set it to moderate or higher. But to do those two, you need to have microvu enabled in your cpu.

I would also try to use zerospu2, and enable time scaling and real time mode, and see if that fixes the problem.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10
yeah i wasnt worried about the speed its running fine and with cycle stealing off for this game it seems to crash less.. ill try zerospu2 out Smile
Oh Okay Then. Let Me Know What Happens.
i do have an audigy 2 card sitting around... think it would be more compatible than onboard for this? i took it out because it was blocking my video card a bit much...
Im not sure, test it out first, then it things are not going too well, revert back to normal.
no idea what to do... sound card made it run slower without cycle stealing on and the sound just cuts out after a few minutes
and voices are turning into fast screeching garble sometimes too Tongue
(08-24-2009, 12:18 AM)Dog2473 Wrote: hmmm.......... try to enable the status flag hack, it makes a big speedup. Also use vu cycle stealing and set it to moderate or higher. But to do those two, you need to have microvu enabled in your cpu.

vu cycle stealing does not need microvu, it works with supervu, too.

to the op: it's not unlikely that these random crashs are just the result of the use of speed hacks with this game, they are called hacks for a reason. try if another speed hacks config works better for you, e.g. test it only with moderate vu cycle stealing and compare against the fps without any speed hacks enabled. test which speed hacks work for this game, and then decide which to use, because too aggressive settings will make games unstable, glitchy or slower.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
turning on vu cycle stealing makes many sounds cut off in menus and battle which leads to a crash every time so im at a loss for that.. its stays above 50fps without it though so its not too terrible of a problem
doesnt matter what sound plugin i use either.. guess its my computer? Tongue