Tales of the Abyss graphic issues
I tried to disable the Widescreen and I also got the problem, I haven't looked further but the widescreen patch might also contain some graphic patch.
You can activate the widescreen patches and see  Smile
Edit: If you want to keep the original ratio for your games and use the widescreen just for him you can also use PCSX2 Bonus, a good thing that allow you to have a custom setting per game if you want ( https://pcsx2.net/download/releases/tool...tends.html )

Sponsored links

I tried with 045D77E9.pnach. I have the same full Widescreen as you but the issue is still here. It change absolutlly nothing. And I still have the same settings as you  Sad
The more we search, the less I understand. This issue seems very complicated. How can we have different result with same settings?
(10-07-2021, 12:02 AM)Lucifel05 Wrote: I tried with 045D77E9.pnach. I have the same full Widescreen as you but the issue is still here. It change absolutlly nothing. And I still have the same settings as you  Sad
The more we search, the less I understand. This issue seems very complicated. How can we have different result with same settings?

In fact the wiki page say the CRC 045D77E9 is for the undub, mine is 14FE77F7, so different pnach.
I did research about 14FE77F7 and yes, it was said that it fix the bloom issue. But without this patch, the game have this issue with the emulator. I think the best solution will be to fix it with only the emulator settings.
Besides the patch rendering is not perfect. For example, the menu is stuck on the left of the screen.
I also prefer playing this olds games in 4:3.
After a day spent poking around in the settings I think I finally got everything working right using the latest nightly build. Here's what I learned:

-Half-Pixel Offset on Special (Texture) fixes some of the blur.
-Turning CRC Hacks on fixes the issue with rectangles in the background, but introduces a new source of blur with the Bloom. The widescreen patch "fixes" this by just turning Bloom off, but after I commented that out I noticed that the game looked perfectly fine in a tiny corner in the top-left, so I went poking around in the source code and found the problem child:

At the bottom of /pcsx2/GS/Renderers/HW/GSRendererHW.cpp change
Code:
return FBP != 0x036e0 && FBP != 0x03560 && FBP != 0x038e0;
to
Code:
return FBP != 0x03560 && FBP != 0x038e0;
and now I have widescreen and bloom and no blur, hurray!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)