Tales of the Abyss graphical problem
(10-21-2012, 05:26 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: I would like to think it adds more to it.

its between your ears ;D

Sponsored links

(10-21-2012, 05:24 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: you only use 3x native, msaa is for software rendering and isnt really usefull to begin with because upping th einternal resolution also ups the AA automatically, there is absolutly no need to add AA.

On the contrary, MSAA (under the Hacks window again) is for HW modes only. Not to be confused with AA1 which is a GS feature (and the toggle is for Software modes).

6x Native might look decent, but the bloom will look weird. Using 3x Native for the bloom will bring some jaggies you wouldn't have with a higher internal resolution, thus compensate with some MSAA from the hacks window. (again ignore that completely if using Skipdraw, cuz there's no post processing... thus no bloom to even care about)

I'll try to post some comparison screenshots in a few.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(10-21-2012, 05:29 PM)KrossX Wrote: On the contrary, MSAA (under the Hacks window again) is for HW modes only. Not to be confused with AA1 which is a GS feature (and the toggle is for Software modes).

6x Native might look decent, but the bloom will look weird. Using 3x Native for the bloom will bring some jaggies you wouldn't have with a higher internal resolution, thus compensate with some MSAA from the hacks window. (again ignore that completely if using Skipdraw, cuz there's no post processing... thus no bloom to even care about)

I'll try to post some comparison screenshots in a few.

well if people are complaining about a few jaggies then they arent allowed to play games if you ask me xD especially when played through an emulator with outdated graphics to begin with.
(10-21-2012, 05:24 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: you only use 3x native, msaa is for software rendering and isnt really usefull to begin with because upping th einternal resolution also ups the AA automatically, there is absolutly no need to add AA.

keep it in mind if i want to play the game again Smile

"msaa is for software rendering"
Did I miss something? MSAA is in the hardware mode section and it says "enables hardware anti-aliasing" (?)
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(10-21-2012, 05:33 PM)ps2freak Wrote: "msaa is for software rendering"
Did I miss something? MSAA is in the hardware mode section and it says "enables hardware anti-aliasing" (?)

mis-typed/read thought you meant AA in general
No worriesSmile
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(10-21-2012, 05:43 PM)ps2freak Wrote: No worriesSmile

still doesnt destroy the fact that i find it quite useless and only resource demanding if you play it at 3x or higher Tongue
Well I got a pretty nice rig so if I ever see slowdowns I know what to change.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Comparison Screenshots, software for reference.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(10-21-2012, 06:05 PM)KrossX Wrote: Comparison Screenshots, software for reference.

not seeing the difference between your screens and my 4x native without msaa tbh, must be me.