Tales of the Abyss graphical problem
Putting skipdraw to 1 seemed to have fixed.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3

Sponsored links

Try this one, today's build (r5412) from an old patch I posted on the GSdx thread: HERE.

I suggest to not go beyond scale x3 or the bloom gets weird and faint (try some MSAA to compensate). No skipdraw, just make sure to enable the offset hack.

Should give you neat and stable graphics without having to reset the render every now and then.

#EDIT
Comparison Screenshots, software for reference.

Attached Files
.zip   GSdx32-Abyss.zip (Size: 335,87 KB / Downloads: 5.543)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Oh, good news, thank you KrossX, I will try next time I'll play Smile
Hey Kross. I am running the game fine at 6x native res with 8x MSAA at full 60fps at all times. As I said before changing skip draw to 1 seemed t have fixed the problem.

Are you saying that if I dumb down the resolution and MSAA it would solve it as well?

Also if you looked at my graphic setting from the pics I have listed in my first post you would know my setting but meh...

So I'm good for now and like my graphic settings.

If the problem still persists I'll try your method and see what happens.

I thank you for the info and your post.
Well, there are two things that make the post processing look ... unaligned. First there's that gamefix which works for some time until there's a skit or something that makes it stop working until you restart/toggle the render. Then, the hard coded offsets from the offset hack only seem to look decent for x2.

By using skipdraw, you remove the post processing and thus free yourself from those problems. But, you miss the post processing effects. My post and the suggested settings are for those not wanting to use skipdraw, to keep those effects. That said, bloom in particular looks neat (in my opinion) up to x3.
(10-21-2012, 05:14 PM)KrossX Wrote: Well, there are two things that make the post processing look ... unaligned. First there's that gamefix which works for some time until there's a skit or something that makes it stop working until you restart/toggle the render. Then, the hard coded offsets from the offset hack only seem to look decent for x2.

By using skipdraw, you remove the post processing and thus free yourself from those problems. But, you miss the post processing effects. My post and the suggested settings are for those not wanting to use skipdraw, to keep those effects. That said, bloom in particular looks neat (in my opinion) up to x3.

which offset hack do you refer to when fixing the bloom?
or is it in the gsdx you posted earlier?
Is that what skipdraw does? I have not had any problems with it in this game. As for using skipdraw and not using it. I see no difference in graphics or speed while its on or off. If their is a difference its so miniscule that it doesn't matter (at least in this game).

As for the bloom effects. You're saying it looks best at 3x. 3x what? Native res or MSAA? As you mentioned before I am assuming native res. I would have to check that out as tat seems interesting if that's really true.
(10-21-2012, 05:18 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: which offset hack do you refer to when fixing the bloom?
or is it in the gsdx you posted earlier?

The hack is under the GSdx Hacks window (Enable Hacks, Configure...), called "Half-pixel Offset" and yes, you should use the posted build.
(10-21-2012, 05:22 PM)fade2black001 Wrote: Is that what skipdraw does? I have not had any problems with it in this game. As for using skipdraw and not using it. I see no difference in graphics or speed while its on or off. If their is a difference its so miniscule that it doesn't matter (at least in this game).

As for the bloom effects. You're saying it looks best at 3x. 3x what? Native res or MSAA? As you mentioned before I am assuming native res. I would have to check that out as tat seems interesting if that's really true.

you only use 3x native, msaa is for software rendering and isnt really usefull to begin with because upping th einternal resolution also ups the AA automatically, there is absolutly no need to add AA.

(10-21-2012, 05:22 PM)KrossX Wrote: The hack is under the GSdx Hacks window (Enable Hacks, Configure...), called "Half-pixel Offset" and yes, you should use the posted build.

keep it in mind if i want to play the game again Smile
Hmm well it makes no difference to me but that's goo info to know. I would like to think it adds more to it. I only use Hardware rendering anyways. Software just looks like crap (obviously..).