Tales of the Abyss, will it run?
Sorry for asking about this but where do I check my speed? Is it the thing to the right of the FPS rate?

Sponsored links

Yea, I was playing games with my emulator last year, having fun with my upscaled ToA, Core i5 2500K bam I spilt tea on my GTX 560Ti and I couldnt play them anymore without having to use native mode, and even then I had severe slowdowns and just decided not use pcsx2 untill I replaced my GPU

If you havent got full screen you can see all that on the bar for pcsx2 (yes next to fps). EE will probably be ok and GS causing your slowdowns.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68
Well, the first time I tried to run Tales of the Abyss in the PCSX2 was back in the 0.8.6 version, if i´m not mistaken...
in a crappy Acer Aspire laptop, featuring a Turion x64, 2,00Ghz, a dreadful Nvidia n7000, 128 Mb... The game ran at almost playable 45% in the map and cities, 100% at video scenes and skits, terrible 10% in small battles and unplayable 4% in big battles.

with a machine similar to yours, but with 4Gb RAM and i3 second gen, I could run the game with almost everything at 100%...
save some scenes with to many characters and actions, say, big battles...

That being... you can play at a decent speed... but if you ever throw in a mystic art... grab a cup of coffee and wait... cuz it will take a long time...

I find the game very enjoyable in this matter... since my PS2 bit the dust... and my brothers PS3 is not backwards compatible, that is what I will use to play again.

Hope it helps.
Heh yea, its playable (I guess), but without a decent GPU alot of the benefit of playing using pcsx2 is gone =/, I mean why else do we use pcsx2 (savestates etc granted) to play our games, playing at 45% on native (granted probably higher % with HD3000) is significantly worse than just playing it on your own ps2.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
GPU: MSI Twin FRozr GTX560Ti
MOBO: MSI Z68A-GD65-G3 Intel Z68