Tales of the abyss with japanese voices help
I wondered how I could get Tales of the abyss with the Japanese voice actors, I've seen a video by PCSX2 and they had the Japanese voices with English subs. And I can't find out how to get the Japanese voices with the English subs. I really don't like the English voices. And the Japanese voices would sound better because I am currently also watching the anime of the game. It would be awesome if I could get some help.

Sponsored links

it's probably the Japanese version of the game
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-23-2015, 11:34 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: it's probably the Japanese version of the game

I'm pretty sure the Japanese version uses Japanese for the text boxes.
This is called the undub version (many games are available in undub), but you can't have it because its a moded iso, so its not legal because you have to download the game, so I can't help you here Tongue2
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(03-23-2015, 11:47 PM)Coma Wrote: This is called the undub version (many games are undub), but you can't have it because its the moded iso, so its not legal : )

Wait so did PCSX2 use a illegal version of Tales of the Abyss?
I believe there is an undub patch somewhere on the internet. Don't ask me where though, but that's what you're looking for.
(03-23-2015, 11:47 PM)Coma Wrote: This is called the undub version (many games are available in undub), but you can't have it because its a moded iso, so its not legal, so I can't help you here Tongue2

Using patches to modify a game you own is legal as long as the patch doesn't contain pirated materials
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
So you must have the 2 different versions of the game and patch it by yourself, thats hard to be legal... And I'm not even sure its legal to extract and use and modify the files.
By the way I don't really care whats legal or not, the game is not even reedited, its 10 years old, they don't even sell it anymore, just saying. If you want to use an undub version find it by yourself, nothing is easier.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
(03-23-2015, 11:50 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Using patches to modify a game you own is legal as long as the patch doesn't contain pirated materials

So do you need both the Japanese and English version? Then like merge them together so that the voices from the Japanese version replaces the English ones?

And say if I had both of the versions how would I go and patch them together?
Dunno, maybe there is some tools on some modding forums.
I already did that to have a french translation on a PS1 game, it wasnt that hard.