Tekken 4 - Best Config?
Hi there,
recently found my Tekken 4 disc while actually searching for another game. I thought I'd give it a try again. Haven't played it in years since I sold my PS2 and I only got the 80GB-PS3 without backwards-compatibility.
So I plug the disc in and start up PCSX2. The menu and stuff works quite nicely. I choose Story Mode, select a character. The loading screen appears, the game starts. Wow, those pre-fight animations play in full speed! Guess that means my processor's fast e-
...wait a minute, WHAT'S THAT?!
As soon as the camera fades to the in-fight-camera, the game slows down like hell. It's not a FPS-problem - the FPS stay at a constant 60 and the picture's really smooth. It's just the fact that my character needs almost 6 seconds to complete a single punch.
Here are my sys-specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium x64
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
8192 MB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

I'm using the newest Open Beta, namely r1888.
My config:
CPU-Settings
EERec, VU01 and VU02 enabled
Frame Limiting - Limit
No GameFixes
Speedhacks:
x2 Cycle Rate
the rest is disabled
All advanced settings are at default.

What can I do to make the ingame run as smoothly as the pre-fight animations?
Cheers,
Grownuplawolf

Sponsored links

Buy new ps2 console then you can play that game in full speed. Psst i suggest you to read Sticky thread first and FAQ before play with pcsx2 program.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(11-22-2009, 04:37 AM)Register Wrote: Buy new ps2 console then you can play that game in full speed. Psst i suggest you to read Sticky thread first and FAQ before play with pcsx2 program.

YES, I know, I can't play it completely full speed, there's absolutely no need to be bitchy. But I don't want to play it in full speed, I just want to play it in an acceptable speed. And I think six seconds for one punch is neither normal, nor acceptable.
Why post if you had absolutely no intention of helping at all?
Constant 60fps but slow gameplay? sounds like a speedhack problem i'd make sure you disabled them specially the EE cycle rate and "vu cycle stealing" ones.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Sorry that I'm refreshing an old thread, but I have a problem with this game. I'm playing Tekken 5 on 0.9.7 r3878 and I have maximum speed during fights. I've heard, that Tekken 4 will work only on r1888 and r3053. It works on r1888, but I have only about 40 fps (in Tekken 5 it's 60 fps). In r3053 I can't configure any of the plugins - I'm getting an error, that the emulator can't find the plugins, but I've downloaded the pack containing r3053 with all necessary plugins, so I don't know, why it doesn't work. What can I do to improve the speed? Will it work faster on r3053? Too bad, that it doesn't work on r3858.

EDIT

Ok, I found out how to run r3053. I used the same settings, which I'm using for Tekken 5 in r3878, but it's still slow. Is it possible to make it faster, if I can run Tekken 5 in full speed?
(04-08-2011, 10:08 PM)kamiledi17 Wrote: Sorry that I'm refreshing an old thread, but I have a problem with this game. I'm playing Tekken 5 on 0.9.7 r3878 and I have maximum speed during fights. I've heard, that Tekken 4 will work only on r1888 and r3053. It works on r1888, but I have only about 40 fps (in Tekken 5 it's 60 fps). In r3053 I can't configure any of the plugins - I'm getting an error, that the emulator can't find the plugins, but I've downloaded the pack containing r3053 with all necessary plugins, so I don't know, why it doesn't work. What can I do to improve the speed? Will it work faster on r3053? Too bad, that it doesn't work on r3858.

EDIT

Ok, I found out how to run r3053. I used the same settings, which I'm using for Tekken 5 in r3878, but it's still slow. Is it possible to make it faster, if I can run Tekken 5 in full speed?

Actually PCSX2 r1888 works better for me in both Tekken Tag & Tekken 4..
I replaced PCSX2 r1888 default plugins with 11th of march plugins.
they gave me some boost.
You can find them her :

I activated 1.5x Cycle Rate & all other speedhacks with the exception of the microVu Speedhacks & Vu Cycle Stealing.

I find it weird that you can get full speed out of Tekken 5, but you can't for the much lighter Tekken 4.
I have the NTSC-U version of the game, so I don't know if thats your problem.
well i have the same problem actually , i play tekken 5 at full speed with np , but cant play Tekken Tag at all , its aways slow on all kind of configs i tryed and allmost same as tekken 4 , on some levels on t4 is fine like the one where you fight in a closed place with the steam , but when i fight on the levels with the people around us and the water levels , the slowdown is huge...
What version of PCSX2 you use? computer specs??
Hallmark, it's strange - I used your settings and for one fight I had 50 fps, but in the next fights I have only 30 fps, even on the same arena. I don't know, what does it depend on. I had 50 fps only during the first fight and now I can't achieve that speed. But you are right, it works a little better on r1888 than on r3053.
It seems your cpu is heating up and throtteling ... you need to check out your temps.

And I have a question did you delete the older plugins or you just added the newer ones to them??
you can also try newer plugins if 11 march didn't work well for you...
I actually finished the game with r3878 plugins...
I deleted all older plugins,and replaced them with newer ones just to aviod conflicts.
just make sure you have w32pthreads.dll, w32pthreads.v3.dll & w32pthreads.v4.dll in the default pcsx2 r1888 folder.

these are my currently used plugins.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)