Tekken 4 and Tekken 5
He was being sarcastic. There's no way to modify the ISO in the way that you're asking. You're just going to have to live with the game the way it was programmed Smile

Sponsored links

(11-21-2017, 07:49 PM)CK1 Wrote: He was being sarcastic. There's no way to modify the ISO in the way that you're asking. You're just going to have to live with the game the way it was programmed Smile

I understand. I guess I will pretend that only the "Arcade Mode" is selectable.

Thanks a lot for your time guys Smile
If you really wanted to disable modes, couldn't you make cheatcodes? Now, this isn't easy (and would require a ton of reverse engineering work) but it is at least possible. We've seen options added/removed from games like Brawl/Melee (where it skips menus or outright removes them,) so if you had someone who really, really loved Tekken 4/5 arcade and wanted to make codes to modify them to be more like Arcade, it's possible.

F-Zero GX has a set of action replay codes to turn it into the Arcade version, F-Zero AX. That one is a bit weirder, as a lot of the Arcade code was still present on disc. If Tekken 4/5 have the arcade code on disc, it'd be easier. But again, while this is possible and could work, it'd still require someone who REALLY wanted to spend a ton of time doing this.
(11-22-2017, 05:48 AM)JMC47 Wrote: If you really wanted to disable modes, couldn't you make cheatcodes?  Now, this isn't easy (and would require a ton of reverse engineering work) but it is at least possible.  We've seen options added/removed from games like Brawl/Melee (where it skips menus or outright removes them,) so if you had someone who really, really loved Tekken 4/5 arcade and wanted to make codes to modify them to be more like Arcade, it's possible.

F-Zero GX has a set of action replay codes to turn it into the Arcade version, F-Zero AX.  That one is a bit weirder, as a lot of the Arcade code was still present on disc.  If Tekken 4/5 have the arcade code on disc, it'd be easier.  But again, while this is possible and could work, it'd still require someone who REALLY wanted to spend a ton of time doing this.

Yeah. I would imagine that even attempting to look at the source code of both games, it would be extremely difficult to tell which modes are which. If only there was an Action Replay or Codebreaker cheats of some sort to have only the arcade modes enabled, but I bet people would guess: "What's the point of having one mode?". 

Still, I appreciate your time guys. I guess there is no easy way to disable most of the modes or to even have one mode enabled. Many thanks Smile

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95

(11-23-2017, 01:48 AM)AnimeFan95 Wrote: Yeah. I would imagine that even attempting to look at the source code of both games, it would be extremely difficult to tell which modes are which. If only there was an Action Replay or Codebreaker cheats of some sort to have only the arcade modes enabled, but I bet people would guess: "What's the point of having one mode?". 

Still, I appreciate your time guys. I guess there is no easy way to disable most of the modes or to even have one mode enabled. Many thanks Smile

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95

Wait, what if I were to use the game files from the MAME rom and chd in use for the PS2 iso? 

Would that be possible?

Kind regards,
AnimeFan95
Regarding using the MAME rom files for the PS2, no. It's possible some of the files are the same, but, I'm assuming the game executable isn't and that's what would determine the menu.

Disabling modes and whatnot isn't actually that hard when in the grand scheme of making cheat codes. I'm not sure what the process for making cheatcodes is for PS2 titles, but, assuming it's anything like other emulators then someone with enough time on their hands should be able to either make the other options disabled or disappear. The hard part will be finding someone who both wants to make that code and knows how to create cheat codes.

You want to make the code, it may be up to you to start messing around with memory address manipulation and try to disable it yourself.
Whoa. A bit a sarcasm just went right over your guys head. It will basically impossible if you can't break down the code into usable stuff. Then assuming you understand the game engine perfectly and adding many thousands upon thousands of lines of code.
If you could do that, you wouldn't be modding old games, but instead working as a game developer.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10

It's impossible to change the game into the arcade game, I'm well aware of that. I've made basic cheatcodes for Melee and Brawl that do things, it's just simple memory searching and locking values. Imagine if there was code to spawn the each mode at a particular spot. You isolate it with a memory search (I don't know if PCSX2 has cheat tools for this, but you could probably use cheatengine or something like that?)

The way this would work is through just doing a memory search, for values changing when the menu is up and try to find out how to disable an option or move it off screen or something silly like that. You're never getting a genuine arcade version of it though, just a hacked up PS2 version.